By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - BCS national title game

I am a huge Ohio State fan. That is whay I started this thread. I thought there would be some more conversation.

@ albionus I am down here in the south and I have not heard much. Do you have any info on Ohio States preparation, etc compared to last year.

Go Bucks and dont forget...

The Ohio State University!

Around the Network

All Pikachu needs to do is use Thunder, simple, it may miss but that's okay he's only against a water Pokemon.

kvh22000 said:
I am a huge Ohio State fan. That is whay I started this thread. I thought there will be some more conversation.

@ albionus I am down here in the south and I havnt heard much. Do you have any info on Ohio States preparation, etc compared to last year.

Go Bucks and dont forget...

The Ohio State University!

Nothing up to date, the only info I get about local issues is from listening to local AM talk radio on the way the class and back.  With the holidays I haven't been going to class so I haven't heard much recently.

I do know from early December that the coaches are much more serious this time about keeping the players under control while in whatever city the game is going be in.  Last time they lost all control with agents taking big players out to party and such right before the game.  It does help that OSU doesn't have a dozen or so players going to the NFL like last time. 

There was some talk about bringing the players back for some practices earlier during the holidays since it's thought that other conferences playing games for 2 weeks longer than the Big 10 plays a role in the Big Ten's not so great bowl record.  From what I've heard Tressel is one of the biggest coaches in the Big 10 against extra games or extra holiday practices since the players should be with family for the holidays and the first week of December is finals week for OSU.  That may have chnaged, I don't know.

Other than that that's all I've really heard.   No doubt I'll hear a lot more tomorrow when I go back to class.

Awesome. Please keep me up to date. I am in Georgia and have been listening to SEC fans talk about how this years game is going to be just like last years...I hope not.

I listen to 700 am down here which is out of Ohio to get my info.

I hate Michigan but the victory over UF was kind of bittersweet. Hate to see Michigan win but SEC fans make it tough not to root against them.

Hopefully, Tressel keeps them leashed better then last year...maybe more like 2003 when OSU were underdogs and defeated Miami to win the national title.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!

Well, who is the favorite in this game? I thought OSU was favored.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

ESPN has been saying LSU is too fast for OSU. We'll see if that's the case in a few days eh?

Currently playing: Civ 6

Really, I must have been watching some different telecasters because they were saying while LSU is fast OSU is right with them. I don't know, but it should be close and hopefully the best BCS bowl yet this year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well I guess I was wrong about that one. 

"They think I'm crazy, but I know better. It is not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!"

"Bolshe, luchshe, I kruche"