By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 4 loses Porsche

EA has blocked Turn 10 from including Porsche in upcoming Xbox 360 exclusive racing game Forza 4.

"This kills me," said creative director Dan Greenawalt in an interview on forzamotorsport.net(reported by IGN).

"While Forza Motorsport 4 will feature RUF, it will not include Porsche cars. As many of you know, since the beginning of the Forza franchise, the Porsche license has been available only through a sub-licensing deal with EA.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-25-ea-blocks-forza-4-getting-porsche

I always wonder why this is a big deal when RUF (modified Porsches) are still available. I remember when this was the case with GT3. Interesting to see EA getting ultra-competitive about other things besides the BF3/MW3 drama though.

Around the Network

srry i already had it posted for some time now.

i have mine in the game discussion forum

Who cares anyway? The graphics are an massive difference!! That deserves +100 posts and a lot of excitement;

Forza 4 never had them in the first place, and already psoted.

Lostplanet22 said:
Who cares anyway? The graphics are an massive difference!! That deserves +100 posts and a lot of excitement;

Obviously Forza 4 is going to be an amazing title (going after FM3) but the excluding of Porsche cars is a huge deal... to fanatics that is...

(I remember when everyone found it a big deal when GT5 didn't have them)

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

Does EA still have that exclusive license since Need for Speed: Porsche? :S

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The funny thing is I think this hurts porsche more than forza or GT. exposing the young to their brand is how exotic cars build brand loyalty, one less place to be exposed to porsche and one more that their competitors are getting showcased.

gamelover2000 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Obviously Forza 4 is going to be an amazing title (going after FM3) but the excluding of Porsche cars is a huge deal... to fanatics that is...

i remember too.

kitler53 said:
gamelover2000 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

i remember too.

me 3 though as I thought back then and still do now, it's not a big deal.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I heard that EA is in talks with the developers that if you want to drive a Porsche, you have to install Origin!

o_0