By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac is done with Resistance.

arcane_chaos said:
oddly enough, I was never a fan of Insomniac until Resistance series

though I can't help but feel sour grapes not towards Insomniac itself but the way its kinda being handled, it like Insomniac is trying to move as far away from Sony as possible(imo)

well atleast Sony has the IP's so the "death" of Resistance and R&C aren't imminent:

I would give R&C to either ND or SP
and Resistance to either ND or GG

Because ND, GG, and SP aren't busy enough with their own games...

Around the Network

Wonder whats gonna happen to R&C and it wouldn't surprise me if they stopped working on Resistance altogether.

I'm still kinda split over this. On one hand I like that a company has the intelligence to move on, but on the other hand I'm scared about what it means for the future of the company. I know this sounds like sony fanboyism, but to me this just screams "We don't like working with sony anymore", and I fear any and all new IP's they create will be multiplatform.

I liked it when they were developing for Sony only, it helped give people reason to get PS3's.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
I'm still kinda split over this. On one hand I like that a company has the intelligence to move on, but on the other hand I'm scared about what it means for the future of the company. I know this sounds like sony fanboyism, but to me this just screams "We don't like working with sony anymore", and I fear any and all new IP's they create will be multiplatform.

I liked it when they were developing for Sony only, it helped give people reason to get PS3's.

I don't really see overstrike doing that well in sales for some reason so they might stick with sony.Another way is for sony to aquire them and make them first party like they did with sucker punch.

BloodyRain said:
Runa216 said:

I don't really see overstrike doing that well in sales for some reason so they might stick with sony.Another way is for sony to aquire them and make them first party like they did with sucker punch.

I kinda hope so, but Overstrike looks good regardless of sales.  To me it looks like Ratchet and Clank mixed with Perfect Dark...which is okay to me! I don't, however, think Sony will buy them out.  I don't want to say they're too big or anything, but with them chosing now to go multiplatform, I honestly doubt they'd let Sony buy them.  Just a hunch. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
BloodyRain said:
Runa216 said:

I kinda hope so, but Overstrike looks good regardless of sales.  To me it looks like Ratchet and Clank mixed with Perfect Dark...which is okay to me! I don't, however, think Sony will buy them out.  I don't want to say they're too big or anything, but with them chosing now to go multiplatform, I honestly doubt they'd let Sony buy them.  Just a hunch. 

Ya I agree even before they went multi I think they said they wanted to be independent.

If it means the storyline will be finished, then that's fine. But I doubt it, we still have to
learn alot about the Cloven, and Insomniac said they would barely be mentioned.

This actually makes me sad :( i love resistance and im not too bothered with R&C so its gonna be a massive loss for me

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Not surprising at all, nobody cares at all about Resistance anymore. The new one isnt even on the preorder charts its that low.

baggy said:

Well I'd say for now at least. I really want them to make a mascot platformer alot

I would also love a fresh new platformer from Insomniac. Either that or another Ratchet and Clank haha