By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First week Predictions of Super smash brawl in Japan, US, abd Others?

I don't know if someone else made a thread but i don't care. SSBB is my most anticipated game of 2008 and i was just wondering what you guys thought of the sales it is going to have in its opeing week for all places.

My Predictions are:

Japan-400k

US-700k

Others-600k

Around the Network

depends on how many copies are shipped to each region.

If I were _____________then maybe I would have friends

America-1.2m

Japan-600k

Others-700k

Life Time: 20 million+

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Lol I was about to make this thread. Looks like you beat me to it.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

us-1million
jap-45ok
Other-500k

If I were _____________then maybe I would have friends

Around the Network

It is one of the most likely home console games this gen to top 10 million, but I dunno about first week sales. Something over half a million over territory would be nice, but debut sales have proven to be extremely hard to predict in the past, so I'll skip calling more specific numbers.

First week sales always seem a bit underwhelming for the Wii. But the Wii seems to regularly produce titles that outperform past the first week.

America = >1,000,000
Japan = 600,000

Lifetime (when everything is said and done) = ~20,000,000

As many as are shipped, I expect a first week sellout

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Japan: 450k

Others: 600k

Americas: 800k

Total ww first week: 1,850k

lifetime 15,000,000+