By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WebOS TouchPad crashes & burn with epic failure... Fire sale tonight on system.

For our US and Canadian friends:

Hewlett Packard bought Palm, makers of WebOS around a year ago, hoping to merge their smartphones with their PC division to make tablet PCs. The result was the TouchPad. Unfortunately, the TouchPad is arguably one of the worst failures in years, and failed to sell much more than 1/10th of their initial shipment.

Because of that, HP and Best Buy are going to be having a firesale on the tablet starting tonight. It is already onsale in Canada at FutureShop.

Initially, the price of the TouchPad was $499/$599 for 16/32GB models. Today, they are (brand new), $99/$149. Their specs are very nice - a Snapdragon Dual core 1.2ghz processor with 1GB of DDR2 RAM.

I am planning on buying a few if possible, and putting Android on it if possible.

Will you do the same?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I'm tablet illiterate...convince me on the benefits (if you've got time).

Are you sure you can put android on it?

Damn now thats a sale! but I won't get one because HP has quit on its WebOS. However, if Android on it is possible, then it's a steal for the price.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

izaaz101 said:
I'm tablet illiterate...convince me on the benefits (if you've got time).

Essentially, its a bigger cellphone for about 1/4th the price of a similarly powered device, and a much longer battery life.

Its great for casual web browsing, movie playing, emails, scheduling, and other such things that you'd do on a cellphone, but may want a larger screen. Gaming is a bit better too since the screen is much larger.

Furthermore, I plan on using Wifi on it and adding my Skype number so I get 100% free phone calling in my house, and likely lowering my cellphone bill.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Are you sure you can put android on it?

I'm asking additional sources, but as far as I know, its like most other tablet/computer devices - yes, absolutely.

From a quick couple Google searches I didn't see how to put Android on it. But I'm still going to try to get one

also, it's already sold out at Best Buy

I think it is already sold out

Am buying 2 right now direct from HP. 2, 32GBs for $299

According to HP, they are out of 16GB models, and have about 2,500 left of the 32GB models.

does anyone know where I can get one