By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - WTFFFFF DICE? (No PC Server Browser BF3)

Tagged games:

superchunk said:

No worries. I think I've talked myself into getting the PS3 version anyways.

1) I don't have to buy a $200+ GPU. (biggest reason as I don't plan on any other PC game)
2) I've been playing BFBC2 on my Ps3 for a week now and have gotten far better with dual analog controls. (still inferior to kb/ms)
3) The graphics will be ok, the solo game will be the same, and smaller/tighter maps of 24 are not the end of the world.

Additionally, I don't have to fuck with DRM, Origin/Steam, and other crap. It also appears that the PS3 version is the lead console version, so it should be pretty decent.

Your reasons are all ncie and good. Then you get to #3. I hate to break it to you but 24 vs 64 is a 40 player difference. Just how much awesome 40 extra players are compared to the consoles' 24 is like night and day. Hell BC2 is stuck at 32 and I feel the maps are too sparse as it is.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
superchunk said:

No worries. I think I've talked myself into getting the PS3 version anyways.

1) I don't have to buy a $200+ GPU. (biggest reason as I don't plan on any other PC game)
2) I've been playing BFBC2 on my Ps3 for a week now and have gotten far better with dual analog controls. (still inferior to kb/ms)
3) The graphics will be ok, the solo game will be the same, and smaller/tighter maps of 24 are not the end of the world.

Additionally, I don't have to fuck with DRM, Origin/Steam, and other crap. It also appears that the PS3 version is the lead console version, so it should be pretty decent.

Your reasons are all ncie and good. Then you get to #3. I hate to break it to you but 24 vs 64 is a 40 player difference. Just how much awesome 40 extra players are compared to the consoles' 24 is like night and day. Hell BC2 is stuck at 32 and I feel the maps are too sparse as it is.

I fully understand that. Having played the shit out of BF1942, BF2, BF2142... I love the massive battlefields and tons of players. However, having at least 6 other games to play due to not buying a new GPU is a pretty big trade-in for smaller maps and less players. I know BF3 will be a lot better than BFBC2 and I'm having fun with it already so I know BF3 will still be a lot of fun.

Not as bad is it sounds... But still pretty bad. This game's PC release is just like politics. The more I hear about it, the less interested I'm. I think I'd love the game but every single thing not related to gameplay sucks: Origin, this, no LAN (not sure if official though), no mods...

Anyway, is there a source link for the article...? It's pretty funny to see a moderator quote an article without posting a link to the original article.

Meh i was going to preorder it bit closer to release date I'd I'll switch to wait and see aproach then.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

You get all excited about Battlefield 3 and then EA/DICE make sure to find some way to knock that out of you from time to time.

I'm getting more and more annoyed and frustrated with this game. They're stripping everything out of Battlefield 3 and only leaving the actual gameplay while doing everything else is on their battlelog website or whatever it is. It's becomming a harder and harder $60 pill to swallow.

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:

It's becomming a harder and harder $60 pill to swallow.

AFAIK it'll still cost $50 on PC.

Zkuq said:
IllegalPaladin said:

I've only seen $60 on origin or places like Gamestop. I think practically all PC games from EA are costing $60 now.

IllegalPaladin said:
Zkuq said:
IllegalPaladin said:

I've only seen $60 on origin or places like Gamestop. I think practically all PC games from EA are costing $60 now.

Funny. To me, Origin shows it at 49.90€. Several local online retailers seem to have it at similar prices as well. Well, I guess there could be some regional differences... Which would be pretty uncommon, though.

Zkuq said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Zkuq said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Funny. To me, Origin shows it at 49.90€. Several local online retailers seem to have it at similar prices as well. Well, I guess there could be some regional differences... Which would be pretty uncommon, though.

Oh, we're talking about different currencies.

IllegalPaladin said:

Oh, we're talking about different currencies.

Well, usually $50 translates to 50€ so I thought it wouldn't matter that much. But I suppose it does. I don't think I've seen regional pricing like this yet... Not that I have any complaints about it... yet. I'm guessing it's just another step towards 60€ games.