By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Obama creates backdoor amnesty program for illegals.

Interesting that in *some* cases the original intent of the constitution is irrelevant to modern application, and yet in others the wisdom of the founding fathers is sacrosanct

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
dany612 said:
leatherhat said:
dany612 said:
sethnintendo said:
Kasz216 said:
sethnintendo said:

The way to fight illegal immigration would be to go after the businesses and fine them more than the slap on the wrist they get now.  The idea of making all 11 million illegal immigrants legal is pure idiotic.  It was done under Reagan and that didn't solve anything.  Most of the thinking seems to just try and patch the problem rather than address it with actual solutions.  Crying that it is unfair to break families apart when they are breaking the law is about as dumb as fighting the war on drugs.

I'd just adress that by getting rid of the "Natural born" clause with "Born in this country while one of your parents is here legally."

Going after buisnesses would help, but I don't think it's a cure all either since a lot of people come here without expectation of employment from some under the table company, I think you really do need a couple walls on both borders.

I support changing the clause also.  Some people seem to cry foul but I can't see what the big fuss about requiring at least one of the parents to be a legal citizen.  I am pretty sure most countries have something similar to this or perhaps more strict.  This would prevent the "anchor babies" or what I like to call the walk and drop (walk across the border and drop off the kid).  Just because one can cross a border and have a kid shouldn't make that child an automatic USA citizen (when both parents aren't even US citizens).

No the constitution clearly states ANYONE born in U.S territory. It's not time to add exceptions. 

Its an amendment to make sure white southerners couldn't disenfranchise blacks after the civil war. And it can be amended again. Its a law that doesn't make sense in our world. 

It makes perfect sense. If you are born in the U.S, you are an American. Do you know of the negatives that can come up with by removing that right to citizenship for those children? Why we are at it why not disamericanize all anchor babies who as of now are citizens? Doing this isn't as simple. The discrimination that could happen to pregnant latinos at the hospital. Simply why should we change-just because their parents are illegal? The federal government will almost never change this amendment.

Nobody loses citizenship if they already have it. They are grandfathered in. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Mr Khan said:
Interesting that in *some* cases the original intent of the constitution is irrelevant to modern application, and yet in others the wisdom of the founding fathers is sacrosanct

I assume you're talking about the amendment issues, in which case the founding fathers have nothing to do with it. It was a ploy by Northern statesman to make sure that come the next elections blacks would vote for them and overwhelm white southerners to give them control of the South. Its vote pandering written into the constitution. Vote pandering not unlike Obama is doing now. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Mr Khan said:

I assume you're talking about the amendment issues, in which case the founding fathers have nothing to do with it. It was a ploy by Northern statesman to make sure that come the next elections blacks would vote for them and overwhelm white southerners to give them control of the South. Its vote pandering written into the constitution. Vote pandering not unlike Obama is doing now. 

Vote pandering was Amendment 15 (which forced the more convuluted variants of Jim Crow voting rules into effect). Amendment 14 resolved most of the other legal irregularities of the war, mostly to make sure the treacherous Southerners couldn't cock-block the changes that had already been made by force.

Or are we saying that the Founding Fathers are inherently superior to any who came after them?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

This isn't going to help the deficit.

Around the Network

The U.S. is a nation of immigrants.
Fuck you if you can't take it.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

A nation of LEGAL immigrants that also learned english and paid taxes.

DeathToIran24 said:

A nation of LEGAL immigrants that also learned english and paid taxes.

whats the point of borders? who needs them, they are discriminatory.

heck whats the point of hving a country? let every one in.

also why do we have our own government with our own laws, we need to adhere to a supra-national government that overrules us.

/sarcasm

thx God I dont live in the US nor ever needed to go there... nothing agains US people, I was born in Costa rica so probably I would be considered by some, a criminal just for getting a free pill for my headaches...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Before amnesty can even be discussed first the flow of illegal immigrants to the United States has to be cut off. You can’t have a country with completely uncontrolled immigration ...