By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Which Harry Potter book is worst?

Which Harry Potter book is worst?

Philosophers Stone 8 17.02%

Chamber of Secrets 9 19.15%

Prisoner of Azkaban 2 4.26%

Goblet of Fire 4 8.51%

Order of the Phoenix 16 34.04%

Half-Blood Prince 3 6.38%

Deathly Hallows 5 10.64%

Total:47

The Order of the Phoenix is the worst. It is also unjustifiably the longest. The plot just doesn't come together like it does in the other books. A lot of it felt like filler and angst.

Edit: I mean Grawp! What is the point? And they fly to the ministry on thestrals? It takes Harry a year to remember what door he was looking at? Kreacher is a terrible character. And even I can't believe Harry would believe that Voldemort cornered Sirius Black, the two of them have next to no contact with each other for the entire series. I stopped reading that book for about 2 weeks the first time I picked it up. I still "like" it, but it is definitely the weakest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

The Deathly Hallows was the worst. The plot end was sh*t and there wasn't much hogwarts so it was boring.

The first one,  it is the one most written for children. It was so boring I skipped the second one and only gave the series a second try years later.

I voted 7 due to feeling that the epilog was terrible and tacked on purely to nail down canon for fanfic writers: "These people get together, stay together, and have kids, and Harry doesn't hold a grudge against Snape or Dumbledore, so there." I also had other complaints but that was the impetus.

But all the complaints about Book 5 remind me that you're probably right, that is the weakest book.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
I voted 7 due to feeling that the epilog was terrible and tacked on purely to nail down canon for fanfic writers: "These people get together, stay together, and have kids, and Harry doesn't hold a grudge against Snape or Dumbledore, so there." I also had other complaints but that was the impetus.

But all the complaints about Book 5 remind me that you're probably right, that is the weakest book.

I vote Deathly Hallows for the same reasons, but also for its extremely anti-clamactic final battle, and its elder wand nonsense, which is nothing more than a giant plothole.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
Final-Fan said:

I vote Deathly Hallows for the same reasons, but also for its extremely anti-clamactic final battle, and its elder wand nonsense, which is nothing more than a giant plothole.

With no mention of wand loyalty in any of the previous books. That was pretty bad.

Rath said:
themanwithnoname said:
Final-Fan said:

With no mention of wand loyalty in any of the previous books. That was pretty bad.

Butt teh wond chuses tha whizerd lol

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!