By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps3 owners shun Modern Warfare 3 Pre-orders

Tagged games:

Just for the record regarding patches, when MW2 was first out the PS3 version got some updates before the 360 version. The main patch that reduced lag was out for several weeks before the 360 one from what i recall. The 360 version of MW2 was also hacked like crazy compared to no hacks on the PS3, the care package glitch was also hardly abused on the ps3 compared to the 360.

360 players were constantly thrown into 18player ground war games on Rust(smallest map) with players smashing them with ac-130's from above.

360 players also had to endure wall hacks, auto aim, players shotting ac-130 rounds from their guns and rapid fire RPG's.

W@W right now on the 360 is unplayable for the most part with 95% of games having players with god mode or some other hack.

MW3 pre-orders mean very little this early and when the game is closer to coming out the pre-orders for the PS3 will go up.

I'm not sure about CoD4 on either system or W@W on the PS3. Black ops 360 and MW2 ps3 have very little hacks going on right now based on the games i've played.

Around the Network
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
there is an almost 100 million software gap between 360 game sales and ps3 ones.

I seriously doubt it all came from 2005-2006 so that only leaves the truth that ps3 gamers dont buy games as much

The PS3 is actually ahead of the 360 in software if you align launches so I'd say it's doing very well

rly? so 360 sold 90 million games from nov 2005-nov2006? 

That is by far a impressive launch year for any console then to get that kind of software sales. 

But alas, we dont live in a alternate reality where they launched at the same time. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
there is an almost 100 million software gap between 360 game sales and ps3 ones.

I seriously doubt it all came from 2005-2006 so that only leaves the truth that ps3 gamers dont buy games as much

The PS3 is actually ahead of the 360 in software if you align launches so I'd say it's doing very well

rly? so 360 sold 90 million games from nov 2005-nov2006? 

That is by far a impressive launch year for any console then to get that kind of software sales. 

But alas, we dont live in a alternate reality where they launched at the same time. 

No, I don't know how much the 360 sold in its first year. I was comparing 2005-2010 for 360 with 2006-2011 for PS3 (it even launched 2007 in Europe).

And it doesn't matter that we don't live in an alternate reality...PS3 is outselling the 360 in software right now (2011) and has sold more in a shorter time

All I see is a 90 million software gap and again I doubt it all came from 360s head start.

360 consistently outsells ps3 in software, with 2011 being an exception so far. 

And given Sonys past in the industry, Id say MS is going pretty good against the former giant of gaming. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Lyrikalstylez said:
pre-ordering has no point!
I have never pre-ordered a game, I just casually walk into the store the day of release and buy my copy normally!
Other than maybe some pre-order bonuses I dont see the point to it!

I preorder nearly everything I get at Gamestop due to the fact I can put down $20 or so at a time and have it all paid off already when it is out. I don`t have to drop huge cash down all at once if I am wanting 2 or 3 games that come out within 2 weeks time frame this way.  As far as pre-order incentives however, most nowadays are ok  or nice but don`t mean much.

I wish they went back to giving out cool gear like hats and t-shirts and stuff as pre-order bonuses instead of free dlc bits that should be available to everyone in the first place.

I think one reason that MW3 pre-orders are bigger on X360 is for 2 reasons actually... 1) More people buy their games on X360 in NA & 2) X360 has a much larger more vibrant online community.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
NiKKoM said:

Yes.. all those preorders went to Resistance 3... *looks at chart* ...see...

yea IMO Reisstance looks to be the better game anyway. getting it. i'll never own a COD game. 

Dont know what game Reisstance is but ill definately be getting Resistance 3 lol

Around the Network
GameBoss01 said:
Really, the low pre-orders are Activision's own fault. They treat us, PS3 Gamers, like shit. We get the updates later, the DLC later, the shitty version and just because Microsoft puts up more cash. But it's not Microsoft that will make the game sell or be popular! It's the consumer, THE GAMER!

We all deserve the same since we bought the same product and paid the same price.

could not have put it better myself

Munkeh111 said:
Xen said:
What's the benefit of preordering that game anyway? Are copies gonna be scarce? Is it worth a whooping $60?
No on both.

Well even without those factors, what is the benefit of pre-ordering now unless you are getting a limited edition? Though this is probably more so in the UK where it is best to wait until late and see who is cheapest

Which is why I only preorder limited editions, hahaha.

Xen said:
Munkeh111 said:
Xen said:
What's the benefit of preordering that game anyway? Are copies gonna be scarce? Is it worth a whooping $60?
No on both.

Well even without those factors, what is the benefit of pre-ordering now unless you are getting a limited edition? Though this is probably more so in the UK where it is best to wait until late and see who is cheapest

Which is why I only preorder limited editions, hahaha.

Well that is why I have pre-ordered Gears 3, the only issue with that is that they haven't even announced the MW 3 limited editions (to my knowledge)

sales2099 said:

now thats a better argument then you had at first, and its almost true and fits me to the t. i've owned 15 games so fare this gen and only have about 8 of them now.

i know wht i want but my situation may be different from others so i won't go into why. i'll never prepresent the core of PS3 owners, but i know wht i want and PS3 has it.

also that 90m unit software gap that 360 has(yea i'm talking about it now) came from being marke leader for wht 2 yrs! they kick'd Sony and Nintnedo's ass for 1 full yr, not to mention for the first 3 yrs 360 was where multi-platform ip dominated PS3 even for the PS3's first 2 yrs.

but 2008 Sony broke into the top 10 for sofware sells(not sure need to be check'd at the time of this post)2009-20010 they stay' in the top 5(again needs to be checked)and today PS3 sit's in the top 10.

we both know this one thing. PS3 will never make that 90m software gap up but they'll never leave the top 10 again as long as they stay commited to there own IP and work strongly with 3rd party.

Perhaps PS3 owners are waking up and noticing that CoD is the same shit every year but in a slightly different package?