By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Star Wars: The Complete Saga NEW Trailer



Around the Network

Finally. I gave away my VHS copies years ago with the idea to buy in a complete set later. I never bought the DVD sets because it was meh overall.

This set, in bluray offering its protective layer and full HD seems like a set worthy of my money.



I have heard of alot of complaints about the transfers and quality of the movies on Blu-ray for this boxset. Some rumors have even said that this is just a direct copy of the 2004 DVD THX remasters. And if thats the case I will be really upset



Vetteman94 said:
I have heard of alot of complaints about the transfers and quality of the movies on Blu-ray for this boxset. Some rumors have even said that this is just a direct copy of the 2004 DVD THX remasters. And if thats the case I will be really upset


There is a really good review on Amazon that sort of agrees with you.

It says the video transfer process was the same, but since its HD (bluray), it is slightly improved. However, the sound is completely redone and definitely better.

In fact, the only real issue with this boxset is that it does not also include the original theatrical versions of the original trilogy.

However, that doesn't matter to me as the there are more things improved than were f'ed (aka Anakin in RotJ and Jabba in NH).



awsume. freaken awsume.



Around the Network

Fun Fact: My dad knows a person who worked on the droids in the original star wars. He requested that he had his name in the movie for his service, so they put his name as the Jawa language.
OT: Pass. 3d blurays in a few years after they are done milking the theatrical rereleases.



"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
Fun Fact: My dad knows a person who worked on the droids in the original star wars. He requested that he had his name in the movie for his service, so they put his name as the Jawa language.
OT: Pass. 3d blurays in a few years after they are done milking the theatrical rereleases.


a few years is 6 years away

 

that way everything gets milked but to experience this great movie series is just awesome



snakenobi said:
homer said:
Fun Fact: My dad knows a person who worked on the droids in the original star wars. He requested that he had his name in the movie for his service, so they put his name as the Jawa language.
OT: Pass. 3d blurays in a few years after they are done milking the theatrical rereleases.


a few years is 6 years away

 

that way everything gets milked but to experience this great movie series is just awesome


Actually probably 8 years away seeing as the first one comes out in 2013.



"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius