By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN UK Review: Xenoblade is the best JRPG of the generation

Antabus said:
Fab_GS said:
Antabus said:

Of course it would be. Better graphics, real surround sound and of course, no lame waggle at all.

In case you didn't know, the game supports the Classic Controller. So you're not forced to use the Wii Remote.

Does wii come with a classic controller?

Your point? You're still not forced to play with the Wii Remote.

Around the Network
Antabus said:
Fab_GS said:
Antabus said:
pezus said:

The game wouldn't be a lot better in HD...

Of course it would be. Better graphics, real surround sound and of course, no lame waggle at all.

In case you didn't know, the game supports the Classic Controller. So you're not forced to use the Wii Remote.

Does wii come with a classic controller?

LOL Does a 360 come with 5.1 speakers?

Hell, does it even come with an HDMI cable?

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

RolStoppable said:
Thumbs up, people. You all did very well.

Including me?

RolStoppable said:
Antabus said:
RolStoppable said:

I don't spend the majority of my time on this site here to talk down what other people like and if I criticize something, then I am sincere about it. You on the other hand only try to rile people up. You don't like JRPGs, you pretty much despise Japanese games on the whole. Didn't you call JRPGs "anime storybooks" just today?

And no, the game wouldn't be better on either of the HD consoles as JRPGs have proven this generation. Due to the large amount of work it takes to create worlds, JRPGs have by and large been stripped down to keep the quality of the content consistent. It's probable that Xenoblade Chronicles would have only been about half the game it is on the Wii. Yes, you would have gotten better graphics, but the tradeoff would have been less content. Considering the general values of JRPG fans, this would have made the game a lot worse on 360/PS3.

Aww. I guess that has to be true, because you say so.

It's true, because you can't argue these points.

I think Tales of Graces F would disagree.

@antabus  your a funny guy, but it sounds like your just a little steamed that you got rid of your Wii. No offense but thats on you. 

Well time to punch that Reggie, donkey kong looking bastard in the weeny.

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:
Well time to punch that Reggie, donkey kong looking bastard in the weeny.

I mentally do that every time I see him.

have you seen the two new reviews for XBC?

Eurogamer - "No Japanese RPG has more successfully married its various components this hardware generation. It's a game that invites us to reassess an entire genre, pointing to a bold future while nodding its respect towards the past. It's a towering triumph. " 9/10
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-15-xenoblade-chronicles-review

N-Europe - "Monolith provides the biggest and most ambitious game on Wii by a long-shot. Xenoblade Chronicles reignites the JRPG and adventure genres in one classy swoop; that this grandiose spectacle is under the banner of Nintendo is the cherry on top. " 10/10
http://www.n-europe.com/review.php?rid=587

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Very promising

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:

I think Tales of Graces F would disagree.

Tales of Graces was originally a Wii game and on the PS3 it looks like a Wii game in HD. Nothing about it screams "so much better" and if you want to talk about added content... well, Namco had an additional year to add more stuff to an already existing game.

Besides, it's not like Tales games ever had a scope that comes even remotely close to something like Xenoblade Chronicles.

fair enough, im under the assumption that when Anatubus means Xenoblade on 360, hes talking about a port-like situation. If he's not then... hell i got no comment on that

RolStoppable said:
Antabus said:

Aww. I guess that has to be true, because you say so.

It's true, because you can't argue these points.

If you say so. :)