By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 80% DS owners are 8-16?

His post was referencing what is currently now the third result.

Which is a link to this thread.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
I believe those stats. Not trying to start a war here but aren't most of there games kids games like Mario, Nintendogs, Zelda, etc. The only game i can think of that would appeal to adults is the Brain Training.

Saying "Not trying to start a war here" doesn't make calling Mario and Zelda kiddy any less of a trollish comment.

By the way, 80% of DS owners are of that age group, but what they don't tell you is that 90% of other systems' owners are in the same group.

*cough.*

Well, I'm not actually saying that's true, just pointing out that it's a possibility and it all depends on the spin you put on it. I, for one, know for a fact that their stat is incorrect. The majority of DS owners ARE in that group, yes, but the majority of PSP owners are, too. And the PSP barely appeals to anybody at all over the age of 30, while I know a dozen people over the age of 50 with DS's. 

SW-5120-1900-6153

The majority buyer of handheld gaming devices, are kids from that age range, so its not that surprising. But 80% seems a little too hefty. More around 50-60%.

welll like... who cares... as long as you have fun with it, it doesn't matter...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
His post was referencing what is currently now the third result.

Which is a link to this thread.

yeah, i thought i didn't need to explain.

1. make up random stats

2. make it available online

3. make a search which shows up your stats

4. confirmation that it's true since it shows in a search 

every darn survey, i'm not included. :( feel left out. LOL

people i know including me:
12yrold x 1
mid20s x 6
early 30s x 3

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

I suspect that the methodology used in the survey would dramatically impact the results ...

Phone surveys have a tendency to completely miss single people between the age of 18 and (about) 35 because they're very likely to own a cell-phone instead of a land-line, internet based studies are dependant on the demographic of who visits your site and can easily be manipulated by (fairly) small websites, and mail-in studies tend to use rewards to gather statistics which end up skewing the results.

Ultimately, the best data on something like this would come from the demographic information gathered through waranty cards by Nintendo ...

I'm 17 and have a DS and I was in that demographic for the majority of my time having one so far (I've had it since release). Also everyone I know with one are in that age range, most of them are 16 though so will be over soon.

PC Gamer