By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony To Announce New AAA IP At Gamescon? SCELondon Have Something Up There Selves

M.U.G.E.N said:
scottie said:
Tridrakious said:
scottie said:
CGI-Quality said:
scottie said:

Another reason is that there are more Sony fans on this site than Ninty + MS combined. I wasn't trying to stereotype or offend people who like Sony consoles.

I also didn't say that the game would not be good, I just said that it is too early to jump to conclusions, which the OP has already done.

that is absolute bull at its finest. I mean seriously who started these baseless rumors? more than ms fans? easily. More than Ninty? arguable..I would argue it's the opposite..more than combined? Absolute nonsense

and the OP is excited...about a possible great game/new IP/announcement. No need to read too much into it. everyone is excited to see what will come of it..if it turns out to be meh..no one will be sad...sony has supplied a great list of exclusives this year and 2012 already has many great games announced for it. and as mentioned above..it's subjective, for them it's a big budget...chances are if it has a big budget on it, sony see potential in the game. GC can't come soon enough

Absolute bull at its finest?

Poll

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=132514

Votes for Sony

Votes for Ninty/MS

Poll

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=132477&page=1

Votes for Sony

Votes for N/M

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=105438

Votes for Sony

Votes for N/M

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=127451

Votes for S

Votes for N/M

If you add up all the polls, Sony got 13 more votes than Nintendo and MS combined.

These are the only polls I could find via google. I did not keep any data back - all the polls I found, I presented here. 

Around the Network
scottie said:

- Polls - 

That's not exactly hard data considering you don't have to be signed in to vote and you can vote multiple times. For all we know there could be a high amount of Sony lurkers on the forums with the number of actual users being much lower.

Edit: Double post

So it's no longer 'baseless rumours' and 'absolute bull'? It has now moved on to 'I have slight problems with your methodology.' Excellent, that means progress.

I will admit, my method is not perfect. Regardless, to try to claim that it is not hard evidence is silly. It is the best evidence we have. I'm afraid this is how science works. I have provided a claim, and I have backed it up with hard evidence. If you have contrary evidence, present it. If you do not, then you are forced to accept my hypothesis until another can be presented and tested.

My god, people don't read the headline, let alone the post.

How can it be The Getaway, Syphon Filter, etc., if it's a new IP?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
scottie said:
So it's no longer 'baseless rumours' and 'absolute bull'? It has now moved on to 'I have slight problems with your methodology.' Excellent, that means progress.

First, I would like to point out that my original point was that there are a lot more Sony fans saying a particular thing in the forums/comments sections. So the existence of pro MS/N lurkers would hardly run counter to my point - if they aren't saying anything then my point is still valid.

As for the fact that VGChartz polls allow you to vote 0, 1 or more times, I will admit, my method is not perfect. Regardless, to try to claim that it is not hard evidence is silly. It is the best evidence we have. I'm afraid this is how science works. I have provided a claim, and I have backed it up with hard evidence. If you have contrary evidence, present it. If you do not, then you are forced to accept my hypothesis until another can be presented and tested.

You have me confused with M.U.G.E.N.

I was just saying how that evidence wasn't conculsive enough to prove your claim. You may be right. I honestly don't care. I know that Sony fans outnumber MS/NIN fans. They may even outnumber both of them combined. I was just pointing out that polls on this site are not conclusive enough to prove that. I'm not questioning your claims, just your evidence.

Troll_Whisperer said:

Untrue! The OP edited that in there. I refuse to accept my own stupidity! 

Jay520 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Weird. I didn't remember this being about a new IP lol.

mantlepiecek said:
Jay520 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Weird. I didn't remember this being about a new IP lol.

That's because we can't read.

Meh It would be more exciting if this were new IP from MS or Nintendo :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB