By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony To Announce New AAA IP At Gamescon? SCELondon Have Something Up There Selves

makingmusic476 said:
Team Soho are the guys behind the Getaway, but they haven't really done anything since MacNamara left and the team merged with Studio Camden to create Sony London. However, they were the team working on both the Getaway 3 and Eight Days. At least as far as I know.

So they would be due for something

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

I hope it's an RPG or Adventure game!!!!

CGI-Quality said:
Sony usually has the best presentation at Gamescom. I'm not going to go crazy just yet, but I expect a least a game or two announced that's a new IP.

I think Quantic Dream's new game is a given.  They always seem to get a lot of attention from Sony at GamesCom

Sony London's mysterious game wouldn't be surprising as well, though we've had similar reports out of Cambridge for years about some new PS3 IP that never materialized into anything of substance.

And Sony London's game, if it does exist, could still be a ways off, given they're looking for an art director as opposed to just an artist.

Jay520 said:

Screw Eight Days, I want The Getaway!

or better yet, new IP.

Yeah same man, I want the Getaway. But of course I'd be happy with a cool new ip also.

The Getaway could have been Sony's Grand Theft Auto, I don't know why they cancelled it after just 2 games. 

I really don't like the AAA label and especially people using it before any info is out there... but Gamescom is an event I really anticipate... thanks to Vita. This is just the icing on the cake...

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Sony usually has the best presentation at Gamescom. I'm not going to go crazy just yet, but I expect a least a game or two announced that's a new IP.

I think Quantic Dream's new game is a given.  They always seem to get a lot of attention from Sony at GamesCom

Sony London's mysterious game wouldn't be surprising as well, though we've had similar reports out of Cambridge for years about some new PS3 IP that never materialized into anything of substance.

And Sony London's game, if it does exist, could still be a ways off, given they're looking for an art director as opposed to just an artist.

am I like the only guy on this forum who can't wait to see what the dontnod project is like?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

OMG! It's going to happen!!!! Our dreams are coming true!!! EyePet in PlayStation Home!!!! So excited!!!!

On a serious note however. It would be good to here an announcement over another buyout of a much loved studio, getting the first party support it needs to keep triple A titles coming and they just so happen to be in the European spotlight due to another PS3 exclusive that released last year.

Sony I know you (Q) know who I'm (D) talking about.

Better be for the PS3 and not the Vita. Or for both I suppose...

Lol, when a company refers to their own game, months/years ahead of release, I know that they are taking the "it cost a lot to make" definition of AAA, as opposed to the "it's a good game" definition.

I can safely say that this game will be like all those others, overhyped by the developers, they will release stills from the pre rendered cutscenes, everyone will think it's amazing, then it will come out and be mediocre.

tl;dr version - the developer does not get to say whether a game is AAA or not.

M.U.G.E.N said:
makingmusic476 said:
CGI-Quality said:

am I like the only guy on this forum who can't wait to see what the dontnod project is like?

Dude ur not alone.

I've been waiting for Dontnod Ent. to announce their game. They said they would be at E3 like in May and that got me really excited since they've been rumoroed for quite a long time to be working on a PS3 Exlcusive RPG called Adrift. But then came E3 without any news...

But now I wont have to worry since on their Facebook page (in french), they confirmed that they will announce their new IP at Gamescom.

Seriously if it really is an RPG with the concept arts shown so far... It's certainly going to be amazing and something to look forward to!