By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What does being athiest mean to you?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
FinalEvangelion said:
It means that I don't believe in a supernatural power or being that can break natural laws.

yea cause if its only possible through god or 1 being, how can it be possible.

did he create himself and if so how is that possible, how can one just become something without something to make it become, someone or anything for that matter.

that unknown dimension beyond human comprehension is called GOD

if we go by the science theory then BIG BANG was the first event and they think there was nothing before that.

there has to be some beginning

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
freedom of belief without judgement. or non denominational.

I don't think your co-atheists practiced your belief.

srry i gave impression that im an atheist but my religion is the marcus d jackson religion which is to believe in whts logical and possible and if it makes sence then go with it but if it doesn't dismiss it.

now to answer your question its that freedom to not beleive in anything if chosen to do so, so its more about choice then anything else absent of the house(church) were each religions specific set of rules with the back hand liars that judge with'n the church where sin breeds.

don't mix religion with GOD

religion is just a culture formed around the concept of GOD by a group of people and laid some rules to it.

believing in GOD can be from the cretor and maintainer to just a creator

god! who is that?

wht is god but the big bang, creationism, the devil, hatered, the god or devil that the kkk worships, love, zuse, a demigod, and the symbol of atheism.

are you sure god is his real name? don't put his name in caps it offend's me lol!

GOD is not a name just a title we give to that entity or unknown dimension

everybody has to believe in it as without it human consciousness,space,life wouldn't exist

you weak'n my resolve when you type god in caps lol. (joking)

why does everybody have to beleive? wht if god is the one that's in hell? why not a series of gods? wht about devine intervention, destiney, you chosing your own path against the will of whts designed for you, fate, heaven, hell ect.

is it that we all need something to beleive in or propaganda forced apone us for purpose of fear keeping man-kind in line so we can follow mans law more closely without contradictiong or questioning it?

As an atheist I behave rationality and use reason as the main factor in decision making. There is no book written by an invisible god or a person who act as an intermediate between what I think and how I should behave.

There is no coincidence that atheists have the lowest crime rates and the most wealth of 'religious' groups. Jews give us a run for our money in the United States, though a lot of Jews I know aren't that religious...

maverick40 said:
Rath said:
maverick40 said:
an atheist is just as ignorant as a religious person. I am agnostic.

haha that was funny. I don't feel superior to both at all. As a scientist i need proof about all these things and there is no proof that god does or doesn't exist. 

As a scientist you should know better than to expect a proof of non-existence.  

Agnosticism/Gnosticism  deal with knowledge an Theism/Atheism deal with beliefs.  If a question is asked, "Do you believe in God ?" and you answer "yes" you're a theist, anything else, including "I don'k know",  you're an atheist. 

I don't know if there is/isn't a god, that makes me an Agnostic,  I don't have a belief that god(s) exist(s) and that makes me an Atheist,  I do if fact believe, the same way I believe that there are no elves/goblins/pixies, etc.,  tentatively, until evidence to the contrary is available, that no gods exist and that's Positive Atheism, and I don't with for existance of any gods that makes me an Anti-Theist.

kurasakiichimaru said:
Rainbird said:
To me, it means that the power is in my hands. I control my destiny and I'm responsible for my own happiness and well being. Simple as that.

But to control your destiny means you weren't hit by something unexpected in your life. Are you saying you were responsible for anything that surprised you?

It's in a broader sense. My personal belief is that being positive about things will make my life better, which includes affecting the people around me. If I live my life from a positive perspective, I will in turn find more things to be positive about.

Plus, my personal mantra is that "You always have a choice.". It's not always the choice you would want to have, but you have a choice.

So basically, I think humans are more responsible for their own well being than many others may believe.

Around the Network

I try to live my life and do actions but that of what is right or most logical. Whether these 'right' things were once determined by religion (regular to Church as a kid).

I have long since lost any faith and unless someone can answer my 'proof' to why there isn't any high power, I doubt will ever have any.

Hmm, pie.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

srry i gave impression that im an atheist but my religion is the marcus d jackson religion which is to believe in whts logical and possible and if it makes sence then go with it but if it doesn't dismiss it.

now to answer your question its that freedom to not beleive in anything if chosen to do so, so its more about choice then anything else absent of the house(church) were each religions specific set of rules with the back hand liars that judge with'n the church where sin breeds.

religion is just a culture formed around the concept of GOD by a group of people and laid some rules to it.

god! who is that?

wht is god but the big bang, creationism, the devil, hatered, the god or devil that the kkk worships, love, zuse, a demigod, and the symbol of atheism.

are you sure god is his real name? don't put his name in caps it offend's me lol!

everybody has to believe in it as without it human consciousness,space,life wouldn't exist

why does everybody have to beleive? wht if god is the one that's in hell? why not a series of gods? wht about devine intervention, destiney, you chosing your own path against the will of whts designed for you, fate, heaven, hell ect.

is it that we all need something to beleive in or propaganda forced apone us for purpose of fear keeping man-kind in line so we can follow mans law more closely without contradictiong or questioning it?

heaven and hell are man made concepts so we can't know that or even think of it.

the reason we cannot have series of GOD is because the world is 1 not multiple so the creator has to be one.there could be more than 1 GOD beoynd that,please read patheism for that.it is a person that states that universe and GOD are the same.

destiny would be destiny whatever you do,the problem is that we think of it as jail but actually we itself form it.its actually repeating history which has already been written,our mind thinks that we are writting history.so don't mind it.

everybody has to and does belief in something.even if there is an atheist,they believe we will die and not exist after that but that begs the question of life,how does then life and universe exist if everything just dies.

thinking of propaganda is very narrow thinking.most people think of this as they think within what soceity does.thats the problem that even most people calling themselves relgion don't think of why GOD is called GOD.

why should you fear GOD,GOD has given you the power or everybody is itself GOD.if GOD wanted to jail everybody then whats the point of creation.the laws that you are talking about are the rules of soceity not GOD that people have formed

pezus said:

1. "GOD" is a man made concept as well

the way most people think of it,yes

the way people who have deeply thought of it,no

mostly all relgious people think there is GOD and thats it,they don't think what it means of why it is there

mostly people in higher place in physics and religion know that there needs to be a reason,conciousness,creation

2. Conservation of Energy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy)

sure,but that just this world and the way we perceive it.

go read more of quantum physics,conciousness,etc

energy is only a way to measure,why it is there and how it will transend is beyond us

snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

god! who is that?

heaven and hell are man made concepts so we can't know that or even think of it.

the reason we cannot have series of GOD is because the world is 1 not multiple so the creator has to be one.there could be more than 1 GOD beoynd that,please read patheism for that.it is a person that states that universe and GOD are the same.

destiny would be destiny whatever you do,the problem is that we think of it as jail but actually we itself form it.its actually repeating history which has already been written,our mind thinks that we are writting history.so don't mind it.

everybody has to and does belief in something.even if there is an atheist,they believe we will die and not exist after that but that begs the question of life,how does then life and universe exist if everything just dies.

thinking of propaganda is very narrow thinking.most people think of this as they think within what soceity does.thats the problem that even most people calling themselves relgion don't think of why GOD is called GOD.

why should you fear GOD,GOD has given you the power or everybody is itself GOD.if GOD wanted to jail everybody then whats the point of creation.the laws that you are talking about are the rules of soceity not GOD that people have formed

so heaven and hell don't exsist. i new it

patheism? sounds like something i ate last night. are you sure we didn't just become like this so called god? that this didn't just happen? that all the peices didn't just fall into place all at once (we are not alone) for these remarkable things we call life and death? how are we suppose to beleive that there's only one god when all signs and religions point to several gods before the birth of christianity which resulted in a god and a mangod/demi god?

destiney is wht you make of it.

so patheism means that god made himself become of his own which makes no sence. thats crazyer than i claim to be. nothing can just make its self.

ok. can't say i don't beleve in something. so do we exsist in god? that would actualy make more sence to me.

god is called god(don't fill like putting it god in caps its to early)cuse its just somebodies name that lived in BC not because he truely exsist, and has know power. his son was just some crazy man going around telling lies. paying a man that was a street bum that pretended he was blind to get money from the locals to say he could now see because the merical of god when it was the merical of money.

the propaganda of todays powerful figures thanking god when they worship the devil and do his bidding. the self righteous pigs and there propaganda are the only things that shapes our lives not some invisable entity, and anyone saying they've seen god has a chemical inbalance in there head and should go get that checked by a doctor and then a shrink.

all this god stuff was made up and cairred down through generations of powerful men to scare you into thing one way or another hins the fear and now the blind followers of these religions continue to beleive in something that never exsisted.

god hasn't given me any powers. once again god is propaganda. 

snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
FinalEvangelion said:
It means that I don't believe in a supernatural power or being that can break natural laws.

yea cause if its only possible through god or 1 being, how can it be possible.

did he create himself and if so how is that possible, how can one just become something without something to make it become, someone or anything for that matter.

that unknown dimension beyond human comprehension is called GOD

if we go by the science theory then BIG BANG was the first event and they think there was nothing before that.

there has to be some beginning

ok then who made the beginning, and who made the person or god that made the beginning? couldn't make his self. nothing just happens. there has to be something behind it even the creation of this so called god.