By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Any English Cricket fans here?

I'm a massive cricket lover - Been following the game since 1996...

I have to say that this series has been amazing to watch. Well done on becoming #1 test team in the world. You guys deserve it. Can't wait to see South Africa vs England next year!

Anyone here from the Barmy Army?

You must be on top of the world right now!

India 224 & 156/7 (42.5 ov)

England 710/7d

PWNAGE!!!

Around the Network

Watched every test. England have played amazingly well, deserve that top spot. Hopefully get it finished in time for the football too!

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Watched every test. England have played amazingly well, deserve that top spot. Hopefully get it finished in time for the football too!

I was going to go and check your lot out at Dale today.. but I decided against it.

My brother and dad have gone (Dale fans), I shall be getting very biased updates by text.

We are screwed again... our captain (and best player) is now out for 8 weeks.  I dont think we have had a stint of look since 1993!!  arrgghhhh  Div 2 beckons.

They beat us 3-0 last season... Was terrible. And you lot wont be getting relegated. Mid table I think...

1-0 up kowen! Haha, Novak. Get in!

2.5k town fans there outsinging Dale too. How many usually there?

Also, grats to England. World Number 1!

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

Also, grats to England. World Number 1

2.5k is a bit poor tbh, we'll take more than that to Dale and Hudds. I was a bit disappointed in your following at Oldham last year too.   And you know as well as I do that a decent away follwoing will always outsing home fans.

If you have 2.5k then the attendance will be about 5k.

Meh, its alright for who were playing against Not sure where we will take our biggest crowd, Sheff U or Wednesday probably. Unless we get a big away tie with a Prem club... Here's hoping for Arsenal away again!

Around the Network

Very happy today, nearly as I happy as I was when I went to Australia and saw us win in Adelaide. I'm just hoping that we can keep this going for a while and start a new dynasty, especially with Cook still young, another 10 years of him and he could be the best batsman ever

But now it is time for football (well tomorrow is what really matters)

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

Also, grats to England. World Number 1!

1-1 oops

Dont win today and already the pressure is on Clarke (who, by the way, I have always thought is too stupid to be a manager).   Games against Dale and Bury should have been 6 points for sure. 

2-1 Dominated large portions of the game. Could have been 3 or 4. Bury was just stupid, like many other home games last season against "easy" opposition. What we should both laugh at though, is Leeds. Tehe!

Also, our defenders are terrible. Grrrrr.

yes its good to have a decent cricket team,i remember years of good battling but never much success,great for the fans to win and see some legends from the indian batting line up all in one

now we are on top,everyone will be saying test cricket doesn't matter,of course we know it does and the boks will be wanting to put us in our place next up,bring it on

Above & Beyond

Looking forward to SA vs Aussies - You'll see me at Newlands watching every single ball for the 5 days. Not going to be as good of a game as SA vs Eng. Now THAT'S gonna be cool!