By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS4 should have Move packed in (along with the Dualshock)

Motion controls are not a gimmick. We've seen plenty of game sell well with them applied right. And the loads of gamers that have made motion gaming a hit are too numerous to ignore unless you are a fool. Yeah, I'm calling Nintendo foolish for ignoring those gamers and refusing to make the kickass Motion Plus games for the Wii that they should have been (where is my Motion Plush hack & slash/beat 'em up that harkens back to the glory days of Golden Axe/Double Dragon?*).

Nintendo dropped the ball, and I'm skipping their next console**. But Sony has a chance to pick it up. Harai (I think it was him) made a great statement in admitting it's the consumers that made the Playstation brand.

Move hasn't sold that well because it's just trying to retread the ground that Nintendo already laid (that and the toyish controller design which should be redone). But with the PS4, they can start fresh. There are plenty of games that could have made the Wii sell double the NES instead of 50% that it may likely finish. But Nintendo, again, refuses to make them. If Sony did make those games with the PS4, they would become the king of the mountain again (I demand my motion controlled hack & slash/beat 'em up!). Just don't let it get to their heads once again  (no PSP3D!).

Of course they should retain the regular Dualshock for games that work better on it. But continuing the winning path that Nintendo abandoned will still be a winning path for Sony (MOTION CONTROLLED HACK & SLASH/BEAT 'EM UP!).

* You think those games wouldn't be hits? Imagine God of War where you get to swing the blades yourself.

** Unless they first pull their heads out of you-now-where and make those kickass Motion Plus Wii games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

It would drive the price up too much and too many playstation fans don't care about motion control, an affordable bundle on launch would be a better approach.

agreed

also sony dropped the ball on PSeye

I Xxpect SONY to come up with a New controller for PS4 in general . Its time to put Dualshock to rest. I dont see SONY doing that due to the fact Move is failure. SONY has done a terrible Job with Move, other than tacking it on to already established franchise where people would much rather use a default control,they havent done anything with it.. 3rd parties have no incentive to consider it, then all of sudden it gets reinstated as default controller?... nah, if move was successful then I could see a bigger chance of that happening... but at the same time I cant see them ignoring the work they put into that tech.

IseeLight said:
It would drive the price up too much and too many playstation fans don't care about motion control, an affordable bundle on launch would be a better approach.

i agree but i don't think it would add that much to the cost of PS4 unless theres a significant advancement in tech in both move and PSeye and that tech being integrated into PS4.

meanning a small yet insignifiant price bump if any at all. also make move controlers with dual analogs. i think thats where Sony messed up this time with move

Around the Network

Since when was gimmick a bad word? And I agree, motion controls are no longer a gimmick. They were when the Wii came out, but no longer.

Anyway, on topic. The reason why Move isn't doing so well, is the same reason why the 3DS isn't. I look around, and I see no great Move only games. I can't see Sony supporting it well in the future either. Especially if you look at the difference between Eyetoy support from last gen to this one(even if you include the Move games). It wasn't any great leap. Sony just doesn't care about it.

Xxain said:
I Xxpect SONY to come up with a New controller for PS4 in general . Its time to put Dualshock to rest. I dont see SONY doing that due to the fact Move is failure. SONY has done a terrible Job with Move, other than tacking it on to already established franchise where people would much rather use a default control,they havent done anything with it.. 3rd parties have no incentive to consider it, then all of sudden it gets reinstated as default controller?... nah, if move was successful then I could see a bigger chance of that happening... but at the same time I cant see them ignoring the work they put into that tech.

Then why are third parties including PS move in their game? And why has the thing sold so well for a periphial and made sony profit if it's a failure? And what has MS done with kinect? Made bad party games that are better suited on the iphone mostly. PSmove has surprizing amount of capatible games, most of which you can use dual shock with yes, but that what motion controls should be, an option for people who like motion controls, if you look at MS they haven't even released a game all year and their third party exclusives are all for kinect, is that what you want Sony to do with the move?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
IseeLight said:

i agree but i don't think it would add that much to the cost of PS4 unless theres a significant advancement in tech in both move and PSeye and that tech being integrated into PS4.

meanning a small yet insignifiant price bump if any at all. also make move controlers with dual analogs. i think thats where Sony messed up this time with move

It'd add 50 bucks minimum even without any advancements.

IseeLight said:
Xxain said:

Then why are third parties including PS move in their game? And why has the thing sold so well for a periphial and made sony profit if it's a failure? And what has MS done with kinect? Made bad party games that are better suited on the iphone mostly. PSmove has surprizing amount of capatible games, most of which you can use dual shock with yes, but that what motion controls should be, an option for people who like motion controls, if you look at MS they haven't even released a game all year and their third party exclusives are all for kinect, is that what you want Sony to do with the move?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
IseeLight said:

It'd add 50 bucks minimum even without any advancements.

of course its making profit! its 80bucks! ... it was makin profit right out the door, but that doesn't make it successful. Move has not integrated into enough games to be relevant.. yea every now and then a 3rd or 1st party can will use but nowhere near kinect levels.

Xxain said:

of course its making profit! its 80bucks! ... it was makin profit right out the door, but that doesn't make it successful. Move has not integrated into enough games to be relevant.. yea every now and then a 3rd or 1st party can will use but nowhere near kinect levels.

Move is compatible (ie integrated) in 53 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_compatible_with_PlayStation_Move

Kinect is compatible (ie integrated) in 32 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kinect_games

So yeah no idea what you are talking about, Kinect just has more advertisement.

IseeLight said:

Xxain said:

Move is compatible (ie integrated) in 53 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_compatible_with_PlayStation_Move

Kinect is compatible (ie integrated) in 32 games http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kinect_games

So yeah no idea what you are talking about, Kinect just has more advertisement.

We are still not on the same page mainly to by the numbers.. Let me try again .. Haven you noticed has critically and comercially more successful then Move? in those 53 games how many ppl are using move, or are even interested? .. how many ppl in those 32 games are using kinect? oh I know...all of them! Think of the balance board by NINTENDO it sold a shit load by how many ppl outside Wiifit use the balance? not even NINTENDO does anything with balance board anymore! there failures because there full potential will not relized due to the company and 3rd parties not doing anything with it. you sell as many peripherals as you want but if they aren't being used SONY has done a bad job at keeping up with Move very similarly to how they treated the PSP not tlong ago