By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - DO REAGAN ECONOMICS WORK? ?

use.

Around the Network
bannedagain said:
badgenome said:
bannedagain said:
badgenome said:
bannedagain said:

OK heres your problem. More people work in the house hold now. If you are talking about the individual workers, The pay rates have dropped. This is a common republican bull proof. That makes no proof at all  because more people work in the house hold. Not just the dad Like it used to be.

Wrong. The labor participation rate is the lowest it's been since 1983.

Does that change that more people are working in the house, NO!.  That just says less people are working. Plus more people are devorced.

So more people are divorced, but more people are also working in the household now? That sounds a bit contradictory.

That means they are not counted anymore , so if you have a person who is devorced and has boyfriend/girlfriend works as well living in the same house.

On what basis are you assuming unmarried cohabitation isn't counted as a single household?

Look it's really simple people. If you give money to the rich it sets in a bank/offshore banks. you give that money to the poor they spend it. Meaning supply and demand. Plus if you give the money to corporate power house's they usually put it in off shore accounts. Meaning the money has nothing to do with helping us. Also puts small business out of business because they can't compete with big corporate power house's that get tax breaks they don't .

So in turn you give the money to poor people. they push up sales of all things which push's those companies to order more which just keeps moving up the chain. SUPPLY N DEMAND> ITS SIMPLE>

On what basis are you assuming unmarried cohabitation isn't counted as a single household?

There not counting the extra people working in that house because they are not married.

What f'ing point are you trying to make that people are not working, NO SH)T if thats your point. I don't think u even understand what I was talking about.

the map he put up is that average household made more, thats because there are more people working in the house. We are not talking one year we where talking 30 years worth. WTF

bannedagain said:
badgenome said:

There not counting the extra people working in that house because they are not married.

Again, you're assuming this based on what? Unmarried cohabitation is an increasingly common arrangement, so any survey worth its salt has to take this into consideration. For example, the census collects data on everyone living in a household, married or not.

Around the Network

bannedagain said:

What f'ing point are you trying to make that people are not working, NO SH)T if thats your point. I don't think u even understand what I was talking about.

the map he put up is that average household made more, thats because there are more people working in the house. We are not talking one year we where talking 30 years worth. WTF

You argued that income only seems to have risen because there are more people working in the household, then you contradict yourself by arguing that the divorce rate is higher, which would mean there are more single parent or single person households. Then you insist that unmarried cohabitants aren't considered part of the same household, when they are. Frankly, if anyone doesn't understand what you're talking about, it's you.

badgenome said:
bannedagain said:

You argued that income only seems to have risen because there are more people working in the household, then you contradict yourself by arguing that the divorce rate is higher, which would mean there are more single parent or single person households. Then you insist that unmarried cohabitants aren't considered part of the same household, when they are. Frankly, if anyone doesn't understand what you're talking about, it's you.

NO i said income has went down for the individual worker but that the house hole income for the last 30 years has went up because more people are working in the house. .
We are talking average's not yearly. Thats what you f-cked up on.

bannedagain said:

NO i said income has went down for the individual worker but that the house hole income for the last 30 years has went up because more people are working in the house. .

But if (a) the average household is smaller due to divorce, etc. and (b) the labor participation rate is the lowest it's been since 1983, then that can't be so.

badgenome said:
bannedagain said:

de more, thats because there are more people working in the house. We are not talking one year we where talking 30 years worth. WTF