By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So who believes in Nintendo? Or how about buying stock in their company!

Tagged games:

benao87 said:
IseeLight said:
I don't think this is the time to invest in Nintendo, one of two things are going to happen

1. Nintendo gets back to making games and gets the 3DS off the ground and wiiU turns out okay and it does almost as good as DS and their stock goes up but not up to former levels

2. Nintendo fails at making a significant amount of games that people care about on their platforms and struggles through this/next gen (however you want to put it) and it's stock slowly falls over the years before they get another chance

right now it could go either way so not the time, apples the one to invest in, Sony if you want higher risk/reward you know the direction they are heading in, but Nintendo you just don't know where they are going and one way is really bad.

Really don't know what to say to the bolded part. But, basicly nah, couple of years ago, that was the time.

OT: Owning nintendo shares would be awesome!, but yeah these guys are probably right, price may keep falling.

Apple is just going up, it's the safest invest right now, like I said Sony is where to invest if you want a higher risk/reward (what apple was a few years ago) 

Around the Network
IseeLight said:
benao87 said:
IseeLight said:
I don't think this is the time to invest in Nintendo, one of two things are going to happen

1. Nintendo gets back to making games and gets the 3DS off the ground and wiiU turns out okay and it does almost as good as DS and their stock goes up but not up to former levels

2. Nintendo fails at making a significant amount of games that people care about on their platforms and struggles through this/next gen (however you want to put it) and it's stock slowly falls over the years before they get another chance

right now it could go either way so not the time, apples the one to invest in, Sony if you want higher risk/reward you know the direction they are heading in, but Nintendo you just don't know where they are going and one way is really bad.

Really don't know what to say to the bolded part. But, basicly nah, couple of years ago, that was the time.

OT: Owning nintendo shares would be awesome!, but yeah these guys are probably right, price may keep falling.

Apple is just going up, it's the safest invest right now, like I said Sony is where to invest if you want a higher risk/reward (what apple was a few years ago) 

Based on fundimentals, Apple is a far worse investment than Nintendo ...

While you could liquidate Nintendo today and get (about) 80% of your money back from the stock, you would only get about 20% of your money back from Apple. If the stocks didn't increase in value you would get a 3% return from Nintendo while you would get a 0% return from Apple. If you look at price vs. earnings, Apple is about 2.5 times as expensive as Nintendo. And, on top of all of that, Android is slowly eating away ios' marketshare and Apple has never been able to break into an established market.

Certainly, Nintendo has significant issues but they have already been priced into Nintendo's stock price.

To put it another way ... Buying Apple today ensures that you will buy high and sell low the opposite of what you want to do ...

HappySqurriel said:
IseeLight said:
benao87 said:
IseeLight said:

Based on fundimentals, Apple is a far worse investment than Nintendo ...

While you could liquidate Nintendo today and get (about) 80% of your money back from the stock, you would only get about 20% of your money back from Apple. If the stocks didn't increase in value you would get a 3% return from Nintendo while you would get a 0% return from Apple. If you look at price vs. earnings, Apple is about 2.5 times as expensive as Nintendo. And, on top of all of that, Android is slowly eating away ios' marketshare and Apple has never been able to break into an established market.

Certainly, Nintendo has significant issues but they have already been priced into Nintendo's stock price.

To put it another way ... Buying Apple today ensures that you will buy high and sell low the opposite of what you want to do ...

Apples stock is still going up, it'd be buy mid sell high, though you'd have to be on alert for potential stock drops.

I believe in Nintendo, always have done. It was inevitable there stock price would drop at some point. It will recover after christmas. Nintendo has alot going for it.

Do I believe in Nintendo....no not really. The Wii has left a bad taste in my mouth and completely put me off their products. Their success with the Wii and DS has made them bullish and arrogant where they think that anything they release will be a success (the 3DS launch and price being a perfect example). They had their heyday where they attacted the non-gamers, but non-gamers dont stick around and they move onto something new (ala Apple devices). Trying to convince someone to buy yet another iteration of their franchises will be hard sell to those that are not traditionally gamers and already have it on their Wii. And lets not get into their online model...well lets....it is has no uniformity between their various platforms, and their model with the Wii U sounds like a shocker....let publishers work it out themselves...omg...what a headache that is going to be. Blah to Nintendo.

Around the Network
IseeLight said:

I would say there are two good choices. Sony (as well as other Japanese electronic companies) can be a good bet.... barring some natural disaster.

Japanese companies are restructuring themselves as consumer power moves from west to the east.

The economic slow down in the west has been bad for a lot of Japanese companies as this was their main area of export, but recently China has taken over from the USA as the top Japanese importer and this is expected to far exceed USA imports from Japan at it's height in a couple or so years.

Also if the huge amounts of rare earth elements discovery in Japan recently is true that will be a big boost for it's economy and electronic companies.

Apple is making a huge name for itself in China (hell, the fake apple shops says it all) and when analysts make these predictions on a comapany their growth in the growing markets are considered. It seems the other fast emerging economies like Brazil, Russia etc are after fast cars and expensive gadgets.

Companies that depend on a western market to drive it's profits for me is a wait and see hence as much as I like Nintendo and want them to do will I will stay well clear. As always, I could be wrong and Nintendo can make so much cash they remove Apple as the top dog.

IseeLight said:
benao87 said:
IseeLight said:

Probably for a week, and maybe for a month. In the long run apple will settle at some price, at best, or go down as the price may already be inflated by the excess of demand.

If you buy now you need to be prepared for long term investment.
Wii U release might have similar effect on stock prices as 3DS had in it's first year.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I dont know how stock market works, so I cant by anything

Honestly I am 50/50 on whether Nintendo will loose share value even more when WiiU launches. It has the potential to be a devestating blow to Nintendo unless they can price and market it right. Not to mention I wanted to invest in Nintendo stock in 2003, I knew DS was going to make huge strides and I had complete faith in Wii. I don't have that faith in WiiU and 3DS, but I have faith that Nintendo is going to rebound in a big way.

Only problem I lack the money to invest, arrg if only I had a couple spare thousand dollars!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer