By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo 3 Beta Preview Released, Buy Items With Real Money Revealed

Tagged games:

Will You Spend Your Hard Earn Money On Diablo Items ???

Yes - I Love The Diablo S... 5 19.23%

Maybe - If I Need The Ite... 2 7.69%

No - Not In This Recession 18 69.23%

What Is Diablo lll ??? 1 3.85%

Total:26
Ail said:
vlad321 said:

That is not single-player though, that's closed B.net. What you are doing is playing multiplayer, except that you are just allowing only 1 person in your game. Singleplayer is that button you click on above the Multiplayer one, and there is nothing you can do to get that character on closed Bnet. You can use him on Open if you wanted to, but not Closed. I want you to explain to me exactly how this new system of being always online will help with cheating in multiplayer when you can't even get on Closed Bnet with those single-player characters?

the mode I was playing was far superior in term of functionailities  to your single player so why should I exactly care about something with less functionalities ?

All I'm saying is what Blizzard is doing with singleplayer already existed in D2 and it worked great so arguing about battlenet latency isn't going to get you anywhere.....

And the reason they are doing it is simple, people learned how to dupe in singleplayer analyzing how the code worked, removing that is going to make it harder.

And like most companies, Blizzard is tired of people playing their games without paying, that's why the always on......

And you will have a tough time arguing that Blizzard does not have the experience to manage 10 millions+ always on players. they do that on a daily basis and those people scream murder if there is any issue with the servers or the connections.....

PS : Once this is implemented it should be fairly easy for Blizzard to offer free trial of D3 the way they do for Wow by the way.....

Because an internet connection is not required.... Did you really just ask that question?

I also don't see where you got the latency problem from because I am assuming you are still playing the game from your own computer, not their servers, and are not required to load anything form there in single-player.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

that is true...it loads faster from your computer and slower from their servers....

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:

That is not single-player though, that's closed B.net. What you are doing is playing multiplayer, except that you are just allowing only 1 person in your game. Singleplayer is that button you click on above the Multiplayer one, and there is nothing you can do to get that character on closed Bnet. You can use him on Open if you wanted to, but not Closed. I want you to explain to me exactly how this new system of being always online will help with cheating in multiplayer when you can't even get on Closed Bnet with those single-player characters?

the mode I was playing was far superior in term of functionailities  to your single player so why should I exactly care about something with less functionalities ?

All I'm saying is what Blizzard is doing with singleplayer already existed in D2 and it worked great so arguing about battlenet latency isn't going to get you anywhere.....

And the reason they are doing it is simple, people learned how to dupe in singleplayer analyzing how the code worked, removing that is going to make it harder.

And like most companies, Blizzard is tired of people playing their games without paying, that's why the always on......

And you will have a tough time arguing that Blizzard does not have the experience to manage 10 millions+ always on players. they do that on a daily basis and those people scream murder if there is any issue with the servers or the connections.....

PS : Once this is implemented it should be fairly easy for Blizzard to offer free trial of D3 the way they do for Wow by the way.....

Because an internet connection is not required.... Did you really just ask that question?

I also don't see where you got the latency problem from because I am assuming you are still playing the game from your own computer, not their servers, and are not required to load anything form there in single-player.

It's their way to implement DRM, it's their product, they can pretty much do what they want to do with it.

Now you can argue you don't like it , that's your problem, don't buy it, end of story...

In the days and age however being always connected to the net really isn't that big of a deal.....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
vlad321 said:

It's their way to implement DRM, it's their product, they can pretty much do what they want to do with it.

Now you can argue you don't like it , that's your problem, don't buy it, end of story...

In the days and age however being always connected to the net really isn't that big of a deal.....

That's exactly what I was saying too. They, however, are trying to play it off to something for which they already have a fix. I would love to see how long this DRM will stop me from getting a "backup" copy for offline single-player. My guess is not too long.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

that is true....the DRM will work overtime on this issue...

Around the Network

If the items don't affect the challenge is ok with me. If they do, I won't play it religiously and maybe I won't buy it day one. I hate games that offer services like that, another reason I am not touching any free-to-play MMO out there.

/../

Weigruf said:

If the items don't affect the challenge is ok with me. If they do, I won't play it religiously and maybe I won't buy it day one. I hate games that offer services like that, another reason I am not touching any free-to-play MMO out there.

It's not going to be much different from D2 where the game was plagued by third party sites selling ungodly items ( stuff you woudn't find playing the game hundreds of hours).

It's not like they are planning to sell items, they are offering a way for players to sell to each others....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

yes...that is true...

True indeed...

Ail said:
Weigruf said:

It's not going to be much different from D2 where the game was plagued by third party sites selling ungodly items ( stuff you woudn't find playing the game hundreds of hours).

It's not like they are planning to sell items, they are offering a way for players to sell to each others....

Then, I am fine. 100% fine. As long as those items are the product of someone's effort into the game world and not the output of admins' commands. Those lazy people would find a way to buy those items anyway, so Blizzard is smart by giving them that option. Good move because gold famers will not dominate D3. Sure they will try to have lower prices, but players will prefer a non-banable legit service than i***garden whaterever website out there.

/../