By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo President Takes Blame for 3DS, Getting 50% Pay Cut

wow i applaud him for the cut in his salary.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
Well, I for one applaud the decision to get a 50% cut. Not all CEO's would do that. Many would rather see the company go down than cut their wages and bonuses.

This is a very common thing in Japanese companys.

2 years ago, Howard Stringer from Sony was very criticised for not wanting to cut his salary.

others would have faired some employees instead!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Mad55 said:
wow i applaud him for the cut in his salary.

One of the advantages of the Japanese business culture is that, generally, they have the mentality of "we're all in this together," which is why they don't have labor problems at the bottom and why they don't have events occurring like CEOs who completely fail the company getting hundreds of millions in "severance pay," both problems you have in the West

This doesn't mean the Japanese business model is without its flaws, but you end up getting better teamwork in certain instances.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

RolStoppable said:
BenVTrigger said:
"We decided that if we take brave measures now," Iwata wrote, "there's high likelihood that a many players can enjoy the Nintendo 3DS in the future."

Wow doesn't sound very optimistic does it?

There is no reason to be optimistic right now, so Nintendo might have finally realized that they are doing something wrong. Took them long enough.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
All  yall on vgchartz are more naive than I thought.  $170 probably was the original planned price for the 3ds. Don't u guys realize  what Nintendo have just done?
THEY HAVE JUST FORCED 4 MILLION+ PEOPLE TO BUY $80 worth IN DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT!!!!
and at the same time now 3ds looks like a steal, and Sony is now caught off-guard.  They are true financial geniuses.
All this losing money talk is totally natural for whats going on with the R&D for a freaking new console. Which is totally unrelated to the 3ds, they are in no trouble whatsoever.. (um they cant lose money on something that sells at $80+-? profit).
And all this salary cut BS is just an act.

And the beauty of all this? U cant dare bring up this speculation  without sounding like a loony fanboy HAHAHAHAHAHA

*sigh*

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

Yeah I actually applaud Iwata for this as well. Most CEO's would go down company burning to hold onto as much money as possible, its very responsible and respectable of him to take blame.

Already posted - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=132217&page=1#

@ Seece

We use different sources and I have a full article including pics so I win

Can you also cut Reggie's salary by 1/10?

RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:
Can you also cut Reggie's salary by 1/10?

There are other execs who got their salaries cut by either 30 % or 20 %, but they remained unnamed. No idea if this move was limited to Japan alone. Fingers crossed that Reggie got his salary cut.

How much does Reggie get anyway?

Also, I noticed everything Nintendo related was going so right until Reggie killed Cammie. We should use Reggie's payment to bring her back.