By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo stocks/shares hit 5 year low.

nintendo doomed?

Around the Network
Dinomax said:
I can say this now, are you happy now hardcore gamers?

I admit I acted like the so called ""hardcore"" gamers here to make fun of them. Because while they moaned and bashed there skulls against the keyboards saying Nintendo was killing gaming, it was all in fact the opposite.

Nintendo was bank rolling and keeping this industry healthy, do you really think Sony or Microsoft who lose billions of dollars are able to carry this industry now? Who can't even come up with their own ideas? You think third party's are going to save this industry? How long till Call of Duty runs out of steam?

Now you got a system that caters just for you and Nintendo is returning to obscurity. Thanks a lot, I loved getting games like Punch out and New Super Mario bros, but now we are returning to N64 ports and boring 3d games.

let me give you a more serious answer then what the others are offering you.

yes.  i'm happy.  estatic even.  i've been exchanging texts with 4 other friends over the last day -- all owners of a wii -- all disgusted by the promises nintendo made and how completely nintnedo failed to meet any of them.  between my wii, extra wii mote, classic controller, balance board, and 2x motion plus attachments i feel increadibly gyped by nintendo.  promises of experiences that would be possible but never came.

nintendo's situation isn't the "hardcore gamers" fault, it is nintendo's.  but i'll tell you this, this is the first generation i ever bough a non-nintendo console.  i've been a life long nintnedo fan all the way from the NES up until a few years ago.  now i'm celebrating their downfall amongst my friends.  that should give you a rough idea of how mad i am at them.

Even now gamers are STILL begging for games and yet again we were shot down. We offer Nintendo our money on a silver platter and yet they refuse it for shit games and remakes. I'm not sorry this happened to them.

we're not quite there yet, but it's almost the time to buy some shares =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Dinomax said:

I admit I acted like the so called ""hardcore"" gamers here to make fun of them. Because while they moaned and bashed there skulls against the keyboards saying Nintendo was killing gaming, it was all in fact the opposite.

Nintendo was bank rolling and keeping this industry healthy, do you really think Sony or Microsoft who lose billions of dollars are able to carry this industry now? Who can't even come up with their own ideas? You think third party's are going to save this industry? How long till Call of Duty runs out of steam?

Now you got a system that caters just for you and Nintendo is returning to obscurity. Thanks a lot, I loved getting games like Punch out and New Super Mario bros, but now we are returning to N64 ports and boring 3d games.

you obviously shoudn't be posting in a thread about stock/shares when you don't know jack about it....

Now here are the fact correction :

- Microsoft is now making billions in its gaming division.

- How exactly is Nintendo bank rolling the industry when they keep  every frigging dime they make and never pay any developer for exclusive ? Do you know the meaning of the bankrolling term ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Dinomax said:

Hephaestos said:
we're not quite there yet, but it's almost the time to buy some shares =)

it's going to drop much lower before it gets back up and it's never going to go back as high at it was 4 years ago...

heck next fiscal year is probably going to be worse than this one with the Wii U release..........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Dinomax said:

Only partially. We forced Nintendo to price their portable hardware at fair level.

For full victory we need to see Wii U price to check if theu again try to pull out past gen hardware with gimmick for next gen price trick or not.

If Wii U is priced competitively only then our victory will be full :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

man, lotta hate in this thread, lol

I like to think every action has a reaction, the 3DS wasnt selling so Nintendo dropped the price.

Just like years ago we stopped buying hardcore games on Nintendo consoles so their reaction was to make a console aimed at a wider audience because sharing the core audience with MS/Sony would have spelt doom for them, hence we got the Wii.

What makes me laugh is people wanting Nintendo to 'go back' to making core consoles, a new Super Nintendo if you will.

IMO they did this and that console was the GameCube. As far as im aware it was a capable console in its day and had a decent amount of 3rd party support, Hitman, Soul Calibur 2, Resi 4 etc are just a few 3rd party games that made it to the system off the top of my head. Yes they're not exclusive but they're the equivilant of todays Assassins Creeds and Bioshocks that Wii gamers are starved of.

Problem was core gamers didnt buy it and Nintendo was forced to go down the road they have just like they were forced to drop the price of the 3DS.

We made Nintendo what they are. Us. The core gamers. We created the Wii just like we forced the 3DS price drop by not buying it.

The hysteria that has erupted over the last 2 days is hilarious (not specifically referring to you guys). In case anyone hasn't noticed, Nintendo is experiencing a transitionary period right now between console generations. Because Nintendo is a company that relies solely on video games as a source of revenue, any sort of fluctuation in the video game market results in a huge shift in Nintendo's revenue. Nintendo's stock price at this point in time reflects the inevitable dip in sales that occurs during the end of a console generation. Anyone expecting the ridiculous profits during the Wii boom from 2006-2009 to continue would be fooling themselves.

Regardless, Nintendo is still projected to rake in a profit this fiscal year for godsake.  Stop the worrying.