By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DS vs 3DS Sales Aligned Launches 1st year edition

How will 3DS do compared to the DS in its first year?

3DS will win 468 54.55%

DS will win 199 23.19%

Netrual 33 3.85%

It will be close 78 9.09%

See poll Results 76 8.86%

Total:854

Once the adjustments for NPD come in this is going to take slightly longer for the 3DS to pass the DS but it should still happen in the next month or so.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

the 3DS sales are very shocking, didn't think it would sell this high early on.

RolStoppable said:
Soleron said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

says 1.48 to me. That's down from 1.50 last week and 1.52 the week before.

Can't wait until it goes under 1, that'll show Nintendo how much people like their handheld. If it wasn't for an unwanted birthday gift of Rayman my day-1 purchased 3DS would have zero games.

It won't go under 1. That thought is just as irrational as getting a 3DS at launch without wanting any games along with it.

I don't think so either, but if I bought it with no games how many other people did too?

Soleron said:
RolStoppable said:
Soleron said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

says 1.48 to me. That's down from 1.50 last week and 1.52 the week before.

Can't wait until it goes under 1, that'll show Nintendo how much people like their handheld. If it wasn't for an unwanted birthday gift of Rayman my day-1 purchased 3DS would have zero games.

It won't go under 1. That thought is just as irrational as getting a 3DS at launch without wanting any games along with it.

I don't think so either, but if I bought it with no games how many other people did too?

Its called waiting for mario kart

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Ive bought 4 games for it, one bundled, and one second hand.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
bobgamez said:

It had a massive price cut, what's so hard to believe?  The only reason it's close is that.

NYANKS said:
bobgamez said:

It had a massive price cut, what's so hard to believe?  The only reason it's close is that.

why the rudeness? It is selling as expected, IMO the reason why the 3ds is still selling like it now, is just because of the lack of games from nintendo. The majority of the ngamers buy nintendo consoles for their games and some others games in between. 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

The 3DS is getting closer. In two weeks I reckon it should pass DS.

Uhm no signs of adjustements for Americas after NPD? If the data is near correct, 3DS is in a very good position...the fact that it had a price cut doesn't mean it has an advantage over DS IMHO, since the price is still higher than the initial DS price. The real difference is the lack of a direct competitor, mainly in japan and Europe...things could change there next year because of Vita (it depends on SW). Still, 3DS will be ahead of DS's first year by a mile.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Buzzi said:
Uhm no signs of adjustements for Americas after NPD? If the data is near correct, 3DS is in a very good position...the fact that it had a price cut doesn't mean it has an advantage over DS IMHO, since the price is still higher than the initial DS price. The real difference is the lack of a direct competitor, mainly in japan and Europe...things could change there next year because of Vita (it depends on SW). Still, 3DS will be ahead of DS's first year by a mile.

When I get word I'll change'em but I'm hoping not to since it will be a pain to redo all the numbers -_-

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.