By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - blah blah blah, fps are bad, blah blah blah no originality blah blah blah

pokemon over 10 years ago

pokemon now

while i do find the guys point to be in a sense valid, that someone who works on pokemon games is saying this is imo laughable if someone told me back when i was playing yellow that the series would only advance up to the point that black and white are at i would have been amazed because for a franchise with such potential i would have expected more... but people still buy it so why bother to advance it?

Around the Network

it's not the industry that tries to bring other games but the consumers don't buy anything else... fuck you all for not buying Vanquish..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

very original title

i'd like more innovation in games of every genre, and i think dishonored is on the right track.

Mr Khan said:
Degausser said:
He's right though... games are beginning to look more and more the same, they continue to go down this trend of being like other games but with one marketable gimmick different as the standout feature. The imagine above does a good job at expressing the problem, but it could easily be extended to at least 15 different games from the past 2 years, which is just sad.

I've no problem with these games in general, and will obviously buy the blockbuster sequels like Uncharted, Battlefielde etc... they have their place and they're great products. But it's a shame that any game that tries a new art style or gameplay idea or anything outside the rigid 'male guy shoots lots of enemies' is relegated to the downloadable space or handheld consoles, as no one will fund it properly.

Damn, didn't see this before, but double post inbound and all

I agree with this sentiment, it's that you see these kind of games completely monopolize top-tier development, with games (aside from Nintendo) that aren't like this are rare, or are downgraded to the DLC systems or worse

Indeed, which i think is why people trying to spite him for making Pokemon games are kind of missing the point. Yeah Pokemon doesn't innovate or change anything significient - but it's the only thing on the market anything like it. It's not part of the 'problem' (If you see it as one).

I'd also add Sony up there with Nintendo for at least pushing this sort of thing - while most of their efforts are directed in the downloadable / handheld space (Papaton, Flower, Sound Shapes, Pixeljunk) they actually have the balls to put up the money for the development of stuff like Heavy Rain, Last Guardian, LittleBigPlanet etc.

dsage01 said:
This is getting really annoying now. Just because COD doesn't add that many new features into it's games doesn't mean that every FPS does the same. This is just sad. That's why I like TPS and Action adventure games better

yea i'd much rather a TPS than a FPS but as you said COD seems to be the main if not the only shooter that copy and paste every yr.

Around the Network

Holy shit, people

Try reading the article properly

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

LOL! A Pokemon director complaining about lack of originality. That's just rich considering that Pokemon games have been the same since the 1990s.

The reason why there's a bunch of fps is because people buy them. There are original games out there, but not many people buy them, so we just get more generic shooters.

oh blah blah blah? =(

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Mirson said:
LOL! A Pokemon director complaining about lack of originality. That's just rich considering that Pokemon games have been the same since the 1990s.

The reason why there's a bunch of fps is because people buy them. There are original games out there, but not many people buy them, so we just get more generic shooters.

and if you had bothered to actually read what he said you would know he said exactly that...

"Mmm...

It is the player who choose the game to play.

As a game creator, it is little sad!"

In other words he is not really saying anything against developers or even shooters, he is saying it's sad that gamers only seem to want familiar stuff. He probably also finds it sad that people only want the same thing from Pokemon but as a business it would be stupid to not do what the consumers want. Not that that has stopped them trying new things with Pokemon I mean they made Pokemon snap, Pokemon dungeon games and more but they never sold that well and mainline Pokemon games sell better and better so that is what they make, it's the same reason CoD is the same every year. And even mainline Pokemon games have evolved a lot they are just really good at hiding it from casual players so they can feel familiarity while people that dig deeper get all the changes like the introduction of natures, IVs, EVs, the art style change in the GPA era and the total reworking of how attacks are handled in diamond & pearl.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Doobie_wop said:
He's a hypocrite. Now we'll have a thread filled with Nintendo or JRPG fans saying 'Yeah! He's right! Everyone sucks!' while ignoring the hundreds of games that aren't shooters or excessively violent that get released every year.

His also a fool for thinking that violence is done just for the sake of random violence. Violence in games, movies and books are put in for a reason and that is to get a specific reaction. It's like how people use 'Fuck' as expression of anger, sadness, annoyance or happiness, the same reactions can come from using violence in media. He just doesn't seem like a very intelligent guy, which is understandable, Pokemon doesn't seem like the kind of game that'd take a whole lot brain power to make.

Also, I personally think that a guy that develops games which promote animal cruelty, underage gambling, bad parenting and have basically been the same game for like ten years should take a look at himself before passing judgement on people who are far more talented than he is.

I like Pokemon, I don't think I'm a fan of Junichi Musuda.

I know this is off-topic,but who's your avatar,so I can do a google search. lol