By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Wars: The Game

Will it be possible to have multiple consoles or consoles and handhelds?

Around the Network
Rath said:
Will it be possible to have multiple consoles or consoles and handhelds?

I haven't even started on the engine yet! I'm going with "No", because it will be too difficult for the player to control more than one console. Since handhelds do not have the same games as consoles, my "persuade the publisher" mechanic would be a bit useless and it would end up being mainly chance, so I think just one home console will be enough. 

You will be able to import a little image of your console and personalise practically every aspect of it though, so don't worry. 

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

My only problem is game balance. Unless choosing a different console is like choosing a different difficulty setting.

You can have Wii mode, 360 Mode, or the hardest mode, PS3. Object of the game is to build the consoles into a success by adding features, making successful PR spins and advertising campaigns, and managing to balance out finances and features with hitting the important consumer price sweet spot.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Grey Acumen said:
My only problem is game balance. Unless choosing a different console is like choosing a different difficulty setting.

You can have Wii mode, 360 Mode, or the hardest mode, PS3. Object of the game is to build the consoles into a success by adding features, making successful PR spins and advertising campaigns, and managing to balance out finances and features with hitting the important consumer price sweet spot.

No, it's more abstract than that. "Wii", "Xbox 360" and "PS3" do not exist. I plan to have it so you choose a company with strengths and weaknesses and design and manage every aspect of it from scratch against one-four other randomly generated consoles.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

looks like we created a monster :-p

My "why not make a game about making games" quip went from random joke to something huge. Though it was bound to happen sooner or later

Around the Network
That Guy said:
looks like we created a monster :-p

My "why not make a game about making games" quip went from random joke to something huge. Though it was bound to happen sooner or later

I was planning to possibly make the card game into a computer version if there was enough interest, so your comment was just at the right time to catch on, I think. Also the title of the thread does not lead one to expect a card game that you have to cut out yourself; I'm sure some people were expecting your idea just by clicking to here.

You need to have disaster cards that you can play on the other players like "Marketing Department Drops Acid" or "Firmware Update Bricks System". You can also take a game out of play buy using the "Firmware Update Crashes Game".

Hmm, other card names like:
"Multi-Platform" - gives a player a copy of a game another player has out.
"Delayed" - resources for the game are still tied up but it is out of play for several rounds.
"EA Sequel" - reduced the stats of a released game.
"AO Rating" - kills a game.

This is fun, I could do this all day.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Man, I used to use Game Maker alot. Although, I don't think I ever got a project finished, the second I hit a little thing that I didn't know about was the second I started a new project.

Still, I had some nice top down shooter games (by games I mean couple of unfinished levels with nothing but placeholder art), and I did build an FPS engine which one of my friends used to build a game that was like a farm, and you went into the seperate pens to kill the animals (all the animals being monsters from the original D00M of course).

If you want I could offer my extremely modest modeling talents for this game?

I'm not sure if you want or even can use any 3D but hey, the offer is there.

Heres some examples of my work. 

I'd like to be a reviewer, too

I'll be the guy that gives like crazy-positive reviews or crazy-negative reviews, and a positive from me is worth 200,000, but a negative is 400,000 or something crazy like that.

Also, if you have VGC, each console needs either a Leo-J or a Soriku type person, and it's imperative that there be JL. Those 3 define this site. XD