By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Wars: The Game

That Guy said:
be sure to make a linux port too .

Also if we start with something simple, we can slowly add features as we get more feedback from the users here

Well, I'm using Game Maker, which is DirectX only (in fact it's the only reason I have Windows at all). Wine does run Game Maker games if you follow a short how-to which I'll post next to the game.

Yes, I'm making an interface prototype. The functionality can be decided on when you see my general framework.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

Im sorikuu and I now samthink what you dont now

oh, also lets add a bit of ego and personality to the VG Chartz. Can you add me as a user on VG Chartz, making reviews on the latest games that come out?

And then you can make an event like "positive review from That Guy spurs 100,000 more videogame sales!"

That Guy said:
oh, also lets add a bit of ego and personality to the VG Chartz. Can you add me as a user on VG Chartz, making reviews on the latest games that come out?

And then you can make an event like "positive review from That Guy spurs 100,000 more videogame sales!"

I don't see why not. 

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Awesomeness. You rock

Did anyone ever play that web game where you were a rockband? You made choices like "sell out to the man" "take drugs to be cool" along with normal stuff like choosing what size venues to play in. The goal was to have made the most money at the end of your career. For some reason you idea reminded me of it.

I can just see it now. You get a message like "Production costs decrease, Pricecut now active" and then you decide how long to wait to maximize profits. This is so awesomely nerdy I love it.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network
dschumm said:
Awesomeness. You rock

Did anyone ever play that web game where you were a rockband? You made choices like "sell out to the man" "take drugs to be cool" along with normal stuff like choosing what size venues to play in. The goal was to have made the most money at the end of your career. For some reason you idea reminded me of it.

I can just see it now. You get a message like "Production costs decrease, Pricecut now active" and then you decide how long to wait to maximize profits. This is so awesomely nerdy I love it.

Why do that when you can do it the Sony way and cut the price before production costs decrease.

--

If you are hardcore nerdy and want to set the L2 Cache of your CPU or the vertex shaders in your GPU you can do that too.

Reminds me of sega gaga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segagaga 

Yes

ion-storm said:

Reminds me of sega gaga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segagaga

Uncannily similar premise, but mine will actually be a simulation not an RPG (?).

And it won't have Sega in it. Sorry.

If possible could you make there be 'VGChartz forums' where if any disasters happen to your console (ie. RRoD) there becomes hugely negative posts?
There doesn't need to be any content to the posts - just thread titles with things like 'The Rathstation 3000 spontaneously combusting?'

Rath said:
If possible could you make there be 'VGChartz forums' where if any disasters happen to your console (ie. RRoD) there becomes hugely negative posts?
There doesn't need to be any content to the posts - just thread titles with things like 'The Rathstation 3000 spontaneously combusting?'

I'm having a news ticker. I think it's a more eye-catching format than forum posts. The ticker will still have names of forum members with their permission.

"The Rathstation 3000"

Ah. I see we already have ambition for our all-powerful next-gen console, yes?