By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 10% Ahead of 360 This Year Worldwide, 'Strong Contender' to Take Second Place

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Seece said:
'I know personally I have gone through 3 Xbox 360 systems and still have my original PS3.'

Why don't these idiots get them fixed insted of buying new ones ... deary me

you don't have a PS3! just kidding. so you got a promotion! nice.

nobody said you had to have brains to be a gamer. i've always wondered the samething.

Thanks!!

D-Joe and Ethomaz, you two!

Around the Network
D-Joe said:

you thinking too much

he just wanna said "700k is fine","700k is fine" and "700k is fine",and maybe when someone said"500/600k is fine too",but he will reply him"wat,it can't be 200k"

I assume that you're not a native English speaker so I have no need to criticize you, but your wording confuses me. Your first comment said that 360 was undertracked. He responded that if 360 is undertracked, there'll be too small (200k-300k) an amount on shelves, which is correct. Could you explain what you think is wrong with that?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

So Sony released major exclusives like Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Infamous 2 and only manage to outsell the 360 by 10% when it hasn't even released a minor exclusive for the year? What're they going to do when the big guns like Gears of War 3, Halo: Anniversary, Forza Motorsport 4, Kinect Star Wars (anyone that thinks it won't be a major seller is kidding themselves), Dance Central 2, Disneyland Adventures (it'll bring in a whole new audience), Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster (ditto), Kinect Sports: Season 2, and about a half dozen other new IP that will attract lots of gamer?

I predicted before Kinect released that after it came out the 360 would rise to the top in North America and never look back and I'm predicting now that the increase in 360 sales starting in mid-September will be at a rate where the PS3 will be unable to keep up.

Immortal said:
D-Joe said:

you thinking too much

he just wanna said "700k is fine","700k is fine" and "700k is fine",and maybe when someone said"500/600k is fine too",but he will reply him"wat,it can't be 200k"

I assume that you're not a native English speaker so I have no need to criticize you, but your wording confuses me. Your first comment said that 360 was undertracked. He responded that if 360 is undertracked, there'll be too small (200k-300k) an amount on shelves, which is correct. Could you explain what you think is wrong with that?

yes i said "maybe" undertracked(i change my mind),but even it's undertracked,i never said 360 should be 200k-300k on shelves

I honestly can't understand why this matters to anyone anymore. It's going on 5 years now for these consoles and and the low, but steadily increasing noise for the next generation has begun in earnest, from gamers to developers and upward to the big three themselves.
While this sales debate was interesting leading up to, and for a couple years after, the launch of the PS3 in 2006, Sony's inability to catch up to Microsoft and secure second place within three or four years on the market... as so many ardent, irrationaly devoted Sony fanboys predicted... has certainly taken the relevance out of this sales competition.
It really doesn't matter too much anymore.
Sony fans expected the PS3 to crush Microsoft's second proprietary gaming console, it still hasn't happened and I would venture to say that the only ones who truly care about this anymore are those that have been making yearly predictions for the PS3's take over, yearly predictions that have continually come up wrong.

Two years ago, I would have been somewhat disappointed if Sony had succeeded in that, now, I could care less. Both consoles have sold over 50 million units, have literally blown up connected online gaming for the home console crowd and accomplished a goal of each respective manufacturer; the convergence of entertainment.
By this point in the race it really shouldn't matter to anyone, other than Sony and MS, who comes in second.
If the PS3 eventually does pull that out (and honestly, given their 10 year dominance in the home console market with the PS and PS2, why would coming in second be considered anything other than a failure) I don't believe any 360 diehards will give it a second thought.
Anymore... who cares?
I think you can let it go now.

Around the Network
Seece said:
'I know personally I have gone through 3 Xbox 360 systems and still have my original PS3.'

Because it takes time or more important can't fix it for free anymore so prefer to buy a new one.

Well that is what I did.

kowenicki said:
strong contender....?

lol.

who is the other contender? who else can "take" second place?

Just curious, do you have shares in Microsoft? You are in every article defending it like it is gods gift.

Lostplanet22 said:
Seece said:

Because it takes time or more important can't fix it for free anymore so prefer to buy a new one.

Well that is what I did.

Takes a couple of weeks, and there is a 3 year warrenty on the old models.

Seece said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Seece said:

Well that is what I did.

Takes a couple of weeks, and there is a 3 year warrenty on the old models.

Yes at first you do...I always end up with the open tray issue (don't read discs anymore) I send my console to MS...Get it back in 3-4 weeks and after two months go the open tray issue again and then you prefer to just buy a new one.

Legend11 said:

So Sony released major exclusives like Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 3, and Infamous 2 ...

You consider those major?