By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone have Ninja Five-O?

Tagged games:

Hey,

I have been looking for a copy of Ninja Five-O to play on my DS. It's a Gamboy advanced cartridge, but for some reason I either can't find it, or it's over $100 when I do ($149 right now on Amazon marketplace). I've consistanly seen it listed as one of the all time best GBA games, but why is it so much?  Anyone have a copy they want to part with? And the big question, does this game live up to the hypeIs it worth the $?

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network
radioioRobert said:

Hey,

I have been looking for a copy of Ninja Five-O to play on my DS. It's a Gamboy advanced cartridge, but for some reason I either can't find it, or it's over $100 when I do ($149 right now on Amazon marketplace). I've consistanly seen it listed as one of the all time best GBA games, but why is it so much?  Anyone have a copy they want to part with? And the big question, does this game live up to the hypeIs it worth the $?

Holy crap.  After checking out the eBay prices for this game, I'm strongly tempted to sell my mint, complete copy.  Unbelievable!  I mean, it's a great game and all, but $150+ for a complete used copy?  That's nuts!  It must have had an unusually low print run at release.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Wow seriously worth that much? To the guys whom have it go sell it!

Never played it, but I always heard a lot of great things about it.

Personally I wouldn't recommend paying that much for it, though. Hopefully they'll release it for the 3DS store once they get around to GBA games, but who knows when that'll be. I'm still hoping for the original Shantae on there, which is now similarly overpriced.

Ninja 5-o is the only game I ever pirated and frankly it is probably the best solution as unless you can inspect the game before hand you could easily end up with a bootleg over the internet anyway (I did back when it came out, which is annoying)
, I was well aware of it when it was released, but it was incredibly difficult to find i.e. Impossible within 50 miles of where I live (that included a few small cities) on the day it came out, plus it was before any game could be preordered
and no further shipments were made
the game is an extremely high quality action platformer in the vein of the nes ninja gaidens/shinobi games
unfortunately when you combine rare and good (plus loads of bootleg copies) you get games like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Iron Soldier 2, or Sengoku 3, people stumble upon their existence, want to play them then discover an unreasonable price tag (around 600-700 USD in Sengoku 3's case) and the only reasonable option is to get a rom
Unless Konami rereleases it on some format (which would be awesome) find the rom and enjoy the game, as there is no reason to risk spending that kind of money on what might be a bootleg anyway

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

If it's like NES Ninja Gaiden I am defintely getting it. I am currently watching one on an auction service as it's going for $34. Hopefully it will stay at that price and I can snag it up.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
radioioRobert said:
If it's like NES Ninja Gaiden I am defintely getting it. I am currently watching one on an auction service as it's going for $34. Hopefully it will stay at that price and I can snag it up.

It's even better; it's like Ninja Gaiden and Bionic Commando combined in the most awesome way possible.

Hates Nomura.

Actually, I guess it's more like Shinobi + Bionic Commando. But still, awesome.

Hates Nomura.

radioioRobert said:

well if you can get it at a reasonable price like that, great, Hopefully it isn't a bootleg but mid-30 sounds high enough not to be one yet low enough to be affordable

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!