By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - do sony fans hate the xbox more so than other console fans hate the competition??

Hephaestos said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Hephaestos said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Hephaestos said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Generalizing is a bad thing. >_>
I am a Sony fan to you know but I am not blindly bashing the 360.

nice anti nintendo signature Mr non blind basher......

unless ninty makes the 360, he wasn't wrong >_>

And i didn't say he was. I said he's proven to be a blind basher from his own signature.

You on the other hand implied that this fact means his honnesty on the 360 statement is doubtfull. Your own logic brought you to the conclusion that his statement is invalid based on a fact I pointed, hence why you feel the need to react in his defence diverting the sentence to linking ninty and 360, nice try, but all you do is confirm my analysis.

LOLWUT!? don't analyse too much professor..even though internet iz zeriouz buzinezz

don't read into it too much..he made a clear statement, unless you have any proof to say otherwise then that's all there is to it. simple really. it's not like oh you don't like this game AHAAA! you are a known hater and hence you must hate all things for sureeeee..rather rediculous even for a hypothesis. I didn't feel a 'need' just posted to point out how stupid your statement was.

and Noctis afaik haven't hated on the 360 ever...I've been pretty active over the past year and the guy rarely gets into arguments even. and for the record I didn't even read his signature since it has nothing to do with this situation. and if you think something like that is what labels someone as something and not their posting history, you're being deluded and desperate.

get that theory prof? might be a bit too complicated for you but do give it a try and stop labeling people

and OP, here is another example for you..that showcases the other side of things..the bitterness is through the roof

i'm so off target that your post is 3x the size of mine, you fake laugh a few times... good indicators.

and you clearly don't understand what i say, in his case his posting history does not label him anyway, but he HIMSEFL puts a label with his signature. How can one deny a label a person puts on himself? Look at the sig since you admited not looking (so basically admitting that your argumentation is baseless gratz), it's a clear "I laugh at all things Nint" and with such a mentality from a PS3 fan, how much value can be given to his "I don't bash 360 statement", none.

this is pointless. now your accusing someone of being a blind basher. its his sig he can put wht he wants in it as long as it doesn't violate site rules, and if you got a complaint check with Machina.

hey as a Nintendo fan i laugh at all things Nintnedo this gen as i see nothing worth the purchase of a Wii other then Legend of Zelda skiward sword.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Last gen (PS2, GC, Xbox era).

- Xbox was a new console, which was clunky yet graphically impressive. It boasted better graphics for first party games and being a lead platform fpr multiplayer titles. Every game resembled a low end PC title. It had very few games though. They had one shining star in Halo though and a breakthrough company named Bioware behind them with hit after hit. Still they had few games and a ace card with online playability in a new system called Xbox Live.
- PS2 was cheap and had lesser graphics but had a lot of quality games on a first, second and third party. levels.
- GC was the second most powerful system and had some good first party, but horrible third party support outside of Capcom.

Fanboyism: In the war between the Xbox and Sony fans of course Nintendo is never anywhere near. It was a battle of graphics and power vs quality and quantity or style over substance in other words. If the Nintendo fans said something Microsoft fans said "shut up" and Sony fans said " we respect you but stfu".

Aftermath: Because of Sony's dominance with holding onto first, second and third party exclusives the mass marketshare belonged to them.

This gen

- Microsoft kicks off the gen a year early, gathering third party support with little interruption from Nintendo or Sony because of Sony's "ten year plan" and get third party exclusives made because they are the only console prepared (or so we thought at the time). This lead helps the 360 dig into Sony's partners but revealed that the console was rushed and wasn't completely thought through. Still, by the time the PS3 and Wii made it out the door Microsoft had some first party and a very good looking first party out of the door with Xbox Live still supporting Halo two until three came out.

- Sony launches with PS3 at a $599 price point, complete with Blu Ray and lackluster first party offerings. It was a technies dream and a gamers nightmare based on price point. It showed dominance in power and it had the Sony brand behind it so fans of the Sony brand knew very special games would be coming out in particular for this console. The only questions was at what moment would price drop?

- Nintendo Launches the Wii at the most affordable price and launches with a wealth of games aimed at the casual audience. This was a shocker and not only was the console focus a shocker, but the look of the console was totally different. It was built from the ground up to bring family and friends together. This was revolutionary. (Funfact: The Wii was the only console to come out that made profit straight out of launch).

Fanboyism:
The 360 owners bashed the PS3 owners for having no games from 2006-2008 mercilessly until Metal Gear Solid 4 came out. The Wii quickly spread like wildfire around the world. In the final straw at E3 2008 Microsoft announces that they've taken exclusivity of the main franchise of Final Fantasy and the Tekken franchise away from Sony. The Sony fanboys revolt. The new Final Fantasy was supposed to be the redemption game for the PS3 and usher it on to glory. In the west this made the 360 the console to own. The internet at this point exploded. The Wii fans and Nintendo laughed like evil Mr. Moneybags running off with a huge bag of cash.

Aftermath of all this: Sony realizes they need to focus all of their internal power onto their first party and increase quality assurance. Microsoft continues to rake in third party support and soon their third party became better than their first party. They shelled out dollar after dollar and made deal after deal to keep taking exclusives away from Sony and getting third parties to side with them. Because of this Microsoft ushered in the era of getting exclusive content. This is a model soon Gamestop and Sony would soon follow, Eventually because of this the third parties mostly gave up on ever being exclusive and Microsoft anatd Sony would soon have to fend for themselves like Nintendo. This is where Sony would shine and Microsoft would soon begin to struggle because of their lack of in house companies compared their competitors. The real war for dominance from that point would begin. Nintendo wanted to sit at the big boy table  even though they had the gen in the bag  but Microsoft and Sony acted like they  they didnt care for Nintendos profits. They quietly made plans to gather Nintendos casual following. The battle for marketshare continues!

alot better then my 2 post in explanning the situation to bad it won't get read by many, but i rather enjoy'd it cause that seems to be the case from my following of this and several other sites.

its to bad the noobs don't know how much this site has changed. i mean not even the fan boys have much to say now.

this thread has gotten pointless even with some noob arguing with MUGEN about some other guy's banner in his sig.

RolStoppable said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

alot better then my 2 post in explanning the situation to bad it won't get read by many, but i rather enjoy'd it cause that seems to be the case from my following of this and several other sites.

its to bad the noobs don't know how much this site has changed. i mean not even the fan boys have much to say now.

this thread has gotten pointless even with some noob arguing with MUGEN about some other guy's banner in his sig.

Somebody who has signed up three years ago and posted close to 7k times doesn't really qualify as "noob" anymore.

ok he seems to be lacking brains then and his memory is bad.

Thanks Marcus. I remember when i first joined and E3 2008 was happening. The PS3 fanboys nearly took the site apart with flaming posts. It was glorious!!!! ::Twiddles fingers together::

It was like watching a Michael Bay film:

Microsoft: Tekken and Final Fantasy are now on the Xbox!

::Explosions!!!::

At this point (and a couple bans).......I knew....I was home on VGChartz. >:)-

Let the era of natural selection commence!

Adobo said:
half of them are butthurt because their fav. brand is being beaten by a US based product.

Is this the part where we start to chant "U.S.A, U.S.A!"?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Adobo said:
half of them are butthurt because their fav. brand is being beaten by a US based product.

Is this the part where we start to chant "U.S.A, U.S.A!"?

Lol I think the only people who would be hurt by that are the Japanese.

i dont hate 360 or the console itself its more MS

for me its also b/c the consoles are so similar game type wise now and probably will be even more so next gen id just wish there was only 2 consoles nintendo and either sony or MS so i dont have to choose or have to acquire both which makes no sense for me if its only for a few exclusives that i'll be buying for either ps or xbox

it can also be developed by jealousy the 360 has done some pretty good things this gen gamer wise things like exclusive hardcore TPS gears of war that hasnt been matched by sony and even its FPS halo, features from these games like coop split screen coop, superior online capabilities, superior multiplats, and most of sonys last gen 3rd party exclusives all made or making there way over to the 360

some could say that sony fans really wasted there time supporting there console since theyve lost so much and the playing fields are almost if not equal when it comes to game experience offered by these two consoles when things are so tight there are bond to be arguments on which ones better, and since things got this tight this fast sony fans might believe that there console may be doomed in the near future so fear can play into this, like when you feared you school teacher there was also feelings of hate towards them aswell

Play Me

BHR-3 said:

for me its also b/c the consoles are so similar game type wise now and probably will be even more so next gen id just wish there was only 2 consoles nintendo and either sony or MS so i dont have to choose or have to acquire both which makes no sense for me if its only for a few exclusives that i'll be buying for either ps or xbox

it can also be developed by jealousy the 360 has done some pretty good things this gen gamer wise things like exclusive hardcore TPS gears of war that hasnt been matched by sony and even its FPS halo, features from these games like coop split screen coop, superior online capabilities, superior multiplats, and most of sonys last gen 3rd party exclusives all made or making there way over to the 360

some could say that sony fans really wasted there time supporting there console since theyve lost so much and the playing fields are almost if not equal when it comes to game experience offered by these two consoles when things are so tight there are bond to be arguments on which ones better, and since things got this tight this fast sony fans might believe that there console may be doomed in the near future so fear can play into this, like when you feared you school teacher there was also feelings of hate towards them aswell

They playing field is no longer equal. Microsoft is lagging behind the PS3 and Wii in first party. Read the game informer article on each company's E3. Good read. No one got perfect scores, but then again...it was a lackluster E3.

FinalEvangelion said:
I always say - the first sign that someone is a fanboy is when they think one group of fanboys are worse than others. It's usually for the console they don't support.

Maybe there are more PS3 fanboys on the internet now days. But I think alot of that was provoked back in 2007 when Wii and 360 fans launched a full scale offensive on the PS3 and its supporters. In 2007, on this site, no one could discuss upcoming PS3 games without someone coming in and saying "lol lol PS3 Domination starts with this game lol lol lol." Also, mods like FishyJoe at the time encouraged trolling of the PS3. He would actually flamebait PS3 fans so he could ban them.

I think the whole console loyalty is pretty stupid how people restrict themselves from playing games on a piece of electronics because they don't like the company name on the plastic casing.

As for me why the Xbox 360 is my least favorite - it has to do with their first party strategy and their reliability record. At the beginning of the generation, MS looked like they were really going to cater to jRPG fans like myself with Mistwalker. I never thought about buying an Xbox or Xbox 360 because I don't care for shooters. However, right before Blue Dragon came out, I decided to get one while the PS3 was slow to get things moving in terms of games.

Then MS just suddenly pulled out of the jRPG market when they cancelled Cry On (a game I was very much looking forward to in the lineup). Now they are back to shooters again with the new addition of the casual Kinect games. Both are genres I could care less about. PS3 has all the 3rd party games plus first party stuff that actually interests me.

That being said, I will still get an Xbox 360 next price drop just to have a machine for Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey because ToV doesn't look like it's making it to PS3 in English

Well i like the xbox 360 and the ps3, i love most of the games the 360 has to offer the only games i don't like for the 360 are fable and forza, for the ps3 i like God of war 3 and motorstorm maybe dust 514.

BHR-3 said:

not sure about the doom part as i see no doom in either console and i know that was just a general statement just say'n not try-n to start anything, but i do agree with your post.

its the most sensible post since i left earlyer today.