By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 1 million more Wiis for the week ending Dec 29?

Wouldn't that be incredible. Breaking records left and right...

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Around the Network

The Wii is a monster.

And people thought the numbers would crash hard and the ps3 and 360 would out sell it?

Another 1 million in a week would be fantastic and soooo close to that magical 20million.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

I don't know, it'd have to have a HUGE week in Japan to pull through. It's gonna be close but I think the wii'll fall short.

Comparing that with the fact that there are two more days of 2007 left to account for, I'm calling 19.85m for 2007 year's end totals. A bit off from my early predictions, but c'mon now. If everybody was conservative in their predictions, nobody'd have any fun! :p

'Sides, my original prediction comes true a week later.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

But he said by midnight of the 31st, and these only go to the 29th, so he could argue that a few more were sold over the course of 2-3 days.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I'll give it to JohnLucas, the Wii did do 20 million by years end, smart chap.

Johnlucas had 4m range too 20m-24m. There is others who are much closer then him.

These sales could still be changed, but it should probably get 1m this week, outselling the 360 3-1

The DS will also sell a million yet again. All it needs is 100k in Japan. How many times in a row has it sold a million a week?

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.