By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why Robin may appear in "The Dark Knight Rises" (I Am Back!!!!) :)

Do you think Robin will be in the next Batman film...

Yes 7 28.00%

No 16 64.00%

See Results.. 2 8.00%

Total:25

Hey Everybody. I am Back :)

So while i was banned for 3 days for calling a user on this site a troll. I had alot of time to do extra work at my job, and rewatch movies that are going to have sequals/reboots next year. :)

I was so amped about The Dark Knight Rises coming out that i rewatched the prevouis installment "The Dark Knight" about 5 times straight so i could understand everything that happend and predict what might happen and the next installment.

So for those of yall who do not know, Batman will be facing his toughest foe he has ever had, That being Bane. I do not wont to spoil what might happen in the film, But all i gota say is if you want to know what could and probably will happen to Batman and the next installment, I suggest you go read the orginal comics of Batman and Bane back in the day.  :)

Anyways if Batman does die in this film or is no longer able to be the superhero that Gotham needs since it is the last batman film Nolan is doing, Who would be able to replace him/take his spot at the end???

I think this would be a Perfect opportunity for Nolan to go ahead and show off Robin as the new hero of Gotham if Batman does really Die/Retire.  :)

The only main problem with this is that what character in the story would be Robin if he does make an apperance....

Well call me crazy but i think Jim oldest son from the last installment could be Robin since he was the only kid to actually meet batman in person. (This is if he returns in the Next Film and grows a little more)

Anyways do any of the Hardcore batman fans think that Robin may make an apperance in the Film???  Nolan has not denyed nor confirmed this so anything can happen.  :D

<<<<<<<  Badass  :D

Around the Network

Robin wouuld be cool as hell but im doubting it.

I think the problem is that producers/writers/directors (even Nolan) shouldnt kill off important characters like Batman or Two-Face. simply because Batman has been around for about 60 years, theres an endless amount of things they can do with the character. so i feel like yes they could close the door on this series of films but they should always leave the end open so new producters can continue to further develop the story and characters, rather than having to continuously reboot these films again and again.

so i hope Batman dosent die, and i was actully dissapointed Two-Face died in the end of the Dark Knight. personally i felt he would've been perfect as the villain for the 3rd film... but what can you do.

personally i dont want Robin in this film, it just dosent fit with the idea of Batman imo in these films. so i dont think he will be in it.

I approve!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

It's not happening...bale said before shooting if robin is in it...he will quit making the movie Bale Will Bail if Robin Shows in KNIGHT Sequel Leading star would chain himself up from going to production. By Jarrod Sarafin July 03, 2008 Source: WENN Overlooking the tabloid nature of WENN (and Starpulse), this latest Batman news should be amusing enough for the fans. The tabloids are reporting that leading star Christian Bale is threatening to walk out of any future Batman installments should there ever be a mention of including the character of "Robin" into the series. Here's what he supposedly said about the consequences of including the infamous sidekick into his franchise. “If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I’ll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work.” He probably did say this but it was likely made in jest. It should also be noted that both Nolan and Bale are very close knit in sharing ideas for future storylines with their Bat character, which makes the chance of Robin even being mentioned in the planning stage very small.

Around the Network
weaponx3 said:
It's not happening...bale said before shooting if robin is in it...he will quit making the movie

You Got a link where he says that???

Batman is in need of a new love interest ...

Seriously though, I think everyone involved in these movies thinks this will be their last movie in this particular iteration of Batman and the studio probably doesn't want to be blocked from making further Batman movies. With this in mind I doubt that Batman will die or be crippled, and I doubt they will introduce characters that will leave loose ends.

I hope not..robin should be left for the next batman series..this one is good as it is

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ThePS3News said:
weaponx3 said:
It's not happening...bale said before shooting if robin is in it...he will quit making the movie

You Got a link where he says that???

You never heard Christian Bale say that?

http://www.slashfilm.com/christian-bale-rules-out-robin-for-batman-3-and-beyond/

And Christopher Nolan said himself over and over again that there will be no Robin in his trilogy.What a damn fine decision by Nolan. There isn't a reason to dislike this man. His visions and directions are genius.

So it's not a 'may' be in TDKR, it's a big fat no.

Not happening...