By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bondi cut LA Noire desks to fit Blu-ray

I posted this on GamrFeed.

"Just looked up a few torrents and I see the PS3 version at 23GB...

SE, Konami and SONY had no problems getting FFXIII (39GB), MGS4 (33GB), Killzone 3 (42GB) and GoW3 (33GB) on Dual Layer discs.."

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Lol, is this guy nuts? The capacity for a single-layer Blu-ray disc was increased to ~33 GB in 2010. 3 dual-layer DVDs hold ~26 GB. That's not even taking into consideration that MS reserves ~ 1 GB per disc for security purposes, so its more like ~23 GB. So yea, I guess according to this guy 23 GB is WAY more than 33 GB. Shh, don't mention the 66 GB dual-layer Blu-ray.

Blu-ray disc have not yet received that increased storage due to high failure rates.  And dont expect that increase to happen anytime soon, as trying to get the failure rates to a reasonable level arent happening.  So for now and the forseeable future,  Blu-ray discs are 25GB or 50GB.  Unless you want to count some of the prototypes that have been made and tested for years,  then they are also 100GB, 200GB, 250GB and 400GB.   

Vetteman94 said:
thismeintiel said:
Lol, is this guy nuts? The capacity for a single-layer Blu-ray disc was increased to ~33 GB in 2010. 3 dual-layer DVDs hold ~26 GB. That's not even taking into consideration that MS reserves ~ 1 GB per disc for security purposes, so its more like ~23 GB. So yea, I guess according to this guy 23 GB is WAY more than 33 GB. Shh, don't mention the 66 GB dual-layer Blu-ray.

Blu-ray disc have not yet received that increased storage due to high failure rates.  And dont expect that increase to happen anytime soon, as trying to get the failure rates to a reasonable level arent happening.  So for now and the forseeable future,  Blu-ray discs are 25GB or 50GB.  Unless you want to count some of the prototypes that have been made and tested for years,  then they are also 100GB, 200GB, 250GB and 400GB.   

Hmm, didn't know that.  Have any links? 

Either way, his excuse is ridiculous when they still have dual-layer Blu-rays to work with.

thismeintiel said:
Vetteman94 said:
thismeintiel said:

Hmm, didn't know that.  Have any links? 

Either way, his excuse is ridiculous when they still have dual-layer Blu-rays to work with.

I cant find the article I saw about 4 months ago talking about this, but the capacity increase was created in Jan 2010,  and it 18 months later and its still a no show.   Especially after many articles pointing to it releasing buy the end of 2010.    Maybe its that BDXL I have been seeing lately,  but thats mostly 100gb discs.