By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA UP- July 16th

Ps2 is just amazing, look at it still going strong after all these years. Looking forward to the hoilday numbers!

Around the Network
non-gravity said:
Any explanation for the jump in 360 sales outside UK?

I don't have one.

As I said in the last weeks European Thread, we had a massive xbox 4GB sale in Germany (4th July).

Saurn and amazon.de both sold it at 111 €, both had massive sales (Saturn runned out at noon, it ist still the bestselling July-item on amazon.de in July), but vgchartz saw xbox down that week in Germany.

And now (one week later) up again in Germany?

kowenicki said:
Here we go... Jesus this looks bleak. This is no ordinary Summer slump, this is terrible.

YOY:

Wii: DOWN 24%
PS3: DOWN 45%
360: DOWN 83% (anniversary of slim launch in EMEAA)

DS+3DS combined: DOWN 57%
PSP: DOWN 60%

PS2: DOWN 75%

that's quite frightening, I think the market is just getting to saturated now, although that doesn't explain hte 3DS, so I'm not sure

I know there probably waiting till Gamescon to announce price cuts, but it just seems silly for them to wait any longer when sales are this low.

kowenicki said:
TeddostheFireKing said:
kowenicki said:
Here we go... Jesus this looks bleak. This is no ordinary Summer slump, this is terrible.

YOY:

that's quite frightening, I think the market is just getting to saturated now, although that doesn't explain hte 3DS, so I'm not sure

I really think the industry and particularly gamers (the type of gamer thats frequents a gaming site) is vastly underestimating the effect that Smartphones and Tablets are having (going to have) on dedicated handhelds.  The market will be decimated over the next couple of years imo.

i agree with your prediction. 3DS is dead and the Vita will be dead on arrival

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
I find it goddamn hilarious that the PS2 has 1/5 the sales of the highest platform. That beautiful s.o.b. will NOT DIE.

More hilarous is that it will be agains undertracked since ioi doesn't know where to place it's sales (which mysteriously never stopped him from doing same with Wii or DS ;) )

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

kowenicki said:
TeddostheFireKing said:
kowenicki said:

YOY:

I really think the industry and particularly gamers (the type of gamer thats frequents a gaming site) is vastly underestimating the effect that Smartphones and Tablets are having (going to have) on dedicated handhelds.  The market will be decimated over the next couple of years imo.

Are you serious?  You're getting this impression from summer numbers, a normally slow time of the year, in this gen's 6th year (going by 360's release).  This time last gen we would have already had new consoles from all 3 companies.  Plus, the total number of consoles sold this gen is on par with last gen(even including the number of PS2's sold since 2006) and will pass it before the year is over, all while gaming on phones and tablets has become popular.  Then you have to take in account that one of these consoles still hasn't hit $199, a price the PS2 hit just a year after its release.  Which also brings to mind that a lot of people know price cuts are due and are 99.9% sure of occuring in the next few months.

So, in other words, console gaming isn't dead or dying, people are just awaiting a price cut and/or next gen.

GT5 to hit 4M in 3 weeks.

kowenicki said:

YOY:

Yawn how many times do we have to go through it?

We had tragic YOY numbers on VGC in Q1 already then came quaterly reports and they showed PS3 X360 PSP were flat or up YoY.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Not saying all is fine, but we're going into the 5th/6th year of this gen, I think we've got to expect declines at this point, for PS360 and toa point Wii, doing these numbers today is impressive IMO.