By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The games you hate from the companies you love.

Andrew said:

I don't really hate games, but if I had to choose one it would be Starfox adventures, I used to play starfox 64 all the time and me and my friends would have battles and stuff, but it was completly different.

I bought Pikmin 2 the day it came out and I was and still am pretty happy about my purchase.

Some of you are saying you hate Halo, yet how many of you have done partys with your friends of it?

And yes it is a FPS title, though it is one of the few that is actually fun to play.

They made everything right with that game, just like they did with Super Mario Bros. I think the hype for Halo 3 is going to get ridiculous though

Thats why I am saying. I go to peoples houses for loser gaming partys are many want to play Halo. I play it, hate every second of it, then sit the next rounds out until they finally finish and we play Wii!  You just proved my point, Although I am sure you didnt mean for it to come across that way. The way you put it suggest that because when we go to loser gaming partys Halo is a choice game, we should like it too, and I believe many like it for this reason.

Anyway, your comment doesnt really make sense anyway. Just because a game is played at loser gaming partys very often, doesnt mean you have to like it.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Around the Network

I will admit that Rare seemed to slowly go downhill towards the end of the N64 days and totally lost it when it came to GameCube.  (For the record, I liked Banjo.)  I used to think that Nintendo was crazy for selling their stake in the developer, but now it seems like it was one of the best decision they ever made.  I believe that a lot of the 'quality' that Rare is known for was due to Nintendo's guiding hand.  But when it comes to Star Fox Adventures, I'd blame that mostly on Nintendo.  They forced Rare to retrofit Dinosaur Planet into a Star Fox game and move it from the N64 to GC.

Nintendo has had it's hits and misses.  Luigi's Mansion was cute.  Mario Sunshine had its moments but felt like a side story and not a real sequel.   And Nintendo never should have lead us on with Zelda and turned around with Wind Waker.  Great game, but you can't hype the fan base up like that and totally change direction at the last minute.  Well you can, but then you see the results.  And while Mario Kart is fun, the two player kart racing in Double Dash felt tacked on.  So all in all, while I like my Cube, I felt like Nintendo could've done better.

And I've never loved Sega, so I can't really put them on this list.  I've always found the company to be hit or miss.  And they generally miss more often than not.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

hmmm I like this post...the hate brings ppl together

so lets see:

From Sony i gotta say I hated Legend of Dragoon. it was such a cliche game that tried to be FF, but failed. the Power Rangers color scheme was childish and the fact that after u got to the end of a dungeon you had to run all the way back really annoyed me, especially when you got no experience from regular baddies. i still don't know why some poeple love it so.

from Square Enix I have to say Dirge of Cerberus. it was just a really bad shooter w/ annoying dialogue and an "eh" story. the best part was I got to see Cloud in action again (I wish he was the main character). SE was jus milking FFVII and I guess I don't blame them. ppl like me bought the name just cuz FFVII was the cover

I gotta agree with Dirge of Cerberus and if FF XIII Vs. is like that then I will be even more disappointed.

Best Blizzard game: WOW. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I really loved Blizzard but Diablo 2 and WoW weren't my cup of tea.

The company I hate most is Piranha Bytes. Maybe you guys don't know them. They made Gothic 1-3. Gothic 3 was the worst RPG experience I ever had in my life. I won't buy any products from them anymore.

Long long LONG ago EA was one of the greatest companies ever (well that was 20 years ago), but in the last 10 years they really went down the drain. All these sequels. Yeesh.

Even Ubi Soft has gone bad. I love every game of them but was disappointed by Splinter Cell: Double Agent. After Chaos Theory I expected something excellent. Maybe Conviction will be better :)

Around the Network

Out of all the games, the ones that I have been disappointed by the most, was ff dirge of cerberius, fable, super mario sunshine, and heros and might and magic 5. Ubisoft killed off my favorite rts.

edit wrong thread.... LOL

OK, now on topic. Eh, Gears of War a huge dissapointment for me considering all the hype and Epic doing the game, I expected a little more depth and bigger, better game design beyond just the great graphics.

Mario Galaxy looks like a dissapointment as well judged from the dissorientating videos I have seen so far. Super Mario World and Mario64 are amongst my alltime favourites, I like New Super Mario for my Nintendo DS as well, I have been waiting for years to finally see a good Mario64-style sequel, IMO Mario Sunshine wasn't.

Speedball for the Playstation by the Bitmap Brothers was a huge dissapointment as well, I loved the Chaos Engine, Speedball 2, Gods for the Amiga platform.

Hate is a big word, rather huge dissapointments.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Let me explain my hate a little more.

I never liked StarCraft, but it was a great game.

Diablo... AMAZING game.
Diablo2. The fact it wasnt in 3d amazed me. This is whenDungeon Siege came out. It was such a better game, it had so much more depth, and gameplay. I had a lvl... 94 battlemage. (legit) Both were hack-n-slash, and both were good games. I just felt Diablo2 wasnt the game it was meant to be.
WarCraft3 - This turned WarCraft into StarCraft. It also destroyed the Story. The Blood Elves became nothing more than a tiny TINY role in the game, and were basically removed from the game, the Orcs lost their 'HORDE' status, The NightElves WTF, they were never even MENTIONED in a previous WarCraft. Infact, if you know your WarCraft lore, some of WarCraft1 takes place near/in/around the NightElf land. Now my grudge agianst this is Troll, and Blood Elf would have made a MUCH better faction. Why create a new faction. Second. The story revolved around the NightElf.

World of WarCraft - The gameplay is the most simplistic of MMOs I've ever played, the ammount of player 'content' is tiny a well. You wanna see a great MMO... eve-online There you have it.

Now Halo. This is a funny one. See, How many of you people knew about Halo before microsoft aquired the studio. Untill you know what halo was gonna be for on the mac. (yes, bungie was a mac game company)

Bungie Founder This is the man that created Bungie. Created Myth, Created HALO. Guess who he works for? He quit Bungie. He works for himself now. Not linked to microsoft. Microsoft told him, the developer what to do. He didnt like it, He quit. He is why the original Halo was amazing. He was one of the most imporant people in the original Halo. When he left, a few of the other major halo people left, and that is why Halo2 SUCKED. And that is also why I dont have expectations for Halo3.

I've been playing Bungie games since 1997. Quite a few of you here were still in diapers. (not saying everyone, but I do know we have some younger people too). I would say Blizzard, Bungie, and BullFrog are my 3 most dissapointed studio outcomes.

(blizzard went for the cash farm, Bungie was bought my microsoft, and BullFrog... still exists... it just dont have any staff. The creator of Bullfrog is out creating games such as 'The Movies' 'Black&White' these days.

EDIT: And for you x-bots, the guy from BullFrog is also doing Fable2 (why I will probibally end up buying it wether it is good or not) 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

bah!! diablo 2 had WAY more depth than dungeon siege. Dungeon siege had about four or five different types of characters you could be for each class (well, dungeon siege 2, I never played the original)

I played diablo 2 for a long time and I never created two characters that were the same. Every class had so many skills and so many ways to put them all together you could create characters in a way the developers proably never even thought about (Melee sorceress was my favourite).

Dungeon siege was ok but I felt like each class had a set number of things you could do and that was it.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

lucasarts

they used to make the best games back when point and click was all the rage, cant think of the last decent game they made..........