By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why people kept mentioning Mad World as if it's an AAA game?

kitler53 said:
haxxiy said:
Better than pretending The Conduit is one, don't you think?

lol, this.  

in short prior to the games releasing nintendo fans hyped them as AAA games.    god, i remember somebody on this forum hyped the conduit as the "halo" of the wii.  soo much lulz.

Oh my.  I remember saying something about why not consider The Conduit as just a good FPS for the Wii, rather than something that is supposed to be a high def one, and I got flagged and received a warning from a Mod on here, because that was seen as offensive.  Maybe I expressed a STFU tone in my writing, with a dash of contempt for the person bringing that up.  If so, it was from people making a game out to be a game changer, more than just a good game.

Seems like people can't just let a game be a game people enjoy.  Games get turned into ammo in the console wars, and this annoys me and will sometimes cloud my own opinion of things, seeing things that are there that really aren't.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Mad55 said:
RolStoppable said:

Yup, and it's especially sad considering that signs of this game being bad were so obvious. Everytime a third party Wii game got hyped by people who do not like Nintendo you just knew that something was going to go wrong. No More Heroes was ultimately junk and MadWorld was even worse.

Whoa whoa whoa no more heroes was one of the wiis best games. madworld was alright.

NMH isn't even one of the Wii's best third party games. It's style over substance from start to finish. The whole game is about fighting ten bosses with everything else just acting as boring filler. Just because a game is better than Boom Blox doesn't mean that it is actually good.

Hang on a sec.  What makes NMH better than Boom Blox?

I though it was a good game, but that's it... The gameplay was kind of funny, but killing nonstop is not my idea of playing videogames... I skip most FPS for the same reason...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

RolStoppable said:
richardhutnik said:
RolStoppable said:

NMH isn't even one of the Wii's best third party games. It's style over substance from start to finish. The whole game is about fighting ten bosses with everything else just acting as boring filler. Just because a game is better than Boom Blox doesn't mean that it is actually good.

Hang on a sec.  What makes NMH better than Boom Blox?

The fact that it is not Boom Blox.

Well, that doesn't answer the question, because a number of people would say Boom Blox is betetr because it is not NMH.

Madworld was very hyped, so most people thought it was a AAA game. With that said I think it was a great game with a huge flaw, replay value as it is a 4 hour game. Other than that it had a great art style, story was decent but the gameplay was also great, especially for a beat them up. With that said anyone that says that No More Heroes sucked is wrong plain and simple. I can understand that you didnt liked it, but saying the game is bad is far from being accurate.

Around the Network

I think both games were pretty interesting, visually they both looked nice, with the cel shading which is pretty rare, i liked MadWorlds black and white. Story was ok, but where both games failed hard was the core game play, which just totally sucked. The most repetitive pieces of crap i've ever played. No More Heroes was about spamming A and B and MadWorld was about spamming A, over and over and over again, with the occasional B thrown in.

Hardly any AAA games, quality wise and sales wise.

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

With the amount of released core Wii titles everything for gamers was automatically considered AAA game

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

That is not true and I think it is a good game. To play from start to finish, its good but not great. The only thing about the game that I wish was better was the controls. It might of been better if they made it with a joystick than with the Wii-mote controls.

This game was a boring 6 hour (or less) game. I didn't feel like finishing it knowing how the rank of fighters would skip by the hundreds. The fighting system was fun for some time, but got boring really fast. The bosses were boring too =_=.

I think it is a fun beat'em up. I don't know how else to answer the question. I think the question in the title might be a sign that we are in some kind of dark age of video games.

But I'm not receiving munies from any game companies, so my opinion doesn't really matter.