By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The new way to play FPS's

milkyjoe said:
Nintendo are supposed to be going after a more mature audience with the Wii U, so why do we care what the 13 year old COD fans think?

Nintendo has a mature audience. Mothers and Grannys are more mature than almost all of the people that post in forums. They know that this is some kind of entertainment and don't enter in a stupid fanboy war.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

So,am I supposed to look at 2 screens at the same time. This looks like 2 much work for me,to be honest.

oldschoolfool said:
So,am I supposed to look at 2 screens at the same time. This looks like 2 much work for me,to be honest.

NO the game is played on the wiiU screen independently. But hey since u got another screen up there might aswell use it for somethin

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

KylieDog said:
Still faces the same turning while aiming problem the Wiimote and PS Move have that a Mouse/Keyboard or dual analogue controller do not, this is something that will never be fixed short of people growing a third hand.

A Pointer control only works for slow paced games like Metroid Prime 3, fast paced shooters it fails at compared to the alternatives.

No it doesnt, u are not using the TV screen.  When the player, holding the controller infront of him, turn/rotate in real life, the first person camera would do the same on the WiiU screen. So if he wants to he can turn directly behind  and see whats behind him (like zelda OOT 3d).  Even walk around  in real life( although may not be practical  or  maybe for a fast strafe or somethin).

This is closest feeling on the battlefield as u can get.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

The main problem appears to be that people think aiming plays an important part of CoD. If you can hit his feet or chest it matters very little. Some of the best players in the world only average a 24% accuracy, the worst players are around 11%. Your average player leading the room every game gets around 15% to 20%. I've played with one guy before that had 33% accuracy, but he had a K/D and W/L under 1.

Around the Network

Finally something really cool about the Wii U controller.

KylieDog said:
Still faces the same turning while aiming problem the Wiimote and PS Move have that a Mouse/Keyboard or dual analogue controller do not, this is something that will never be fixed short of people growing a third hand.

A Pointer control only works for slow paced games like Metroid Prime 3, fast paced shooters it fails at compared to the alternatives.

Really, because The Conduit is a typical fast pace shooter and I had absolutely no problem using the wii-mote. It was even better for that fast pace.

The nice thing of this setup is that each player can see the game level from his point of view. The bad thing is that as only one Wii U controller is supported for each console, this benefit is irrelevant.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

KylieDog said:
Aquietguy said:
KylieDog said:

Really, because The Conduit is a typical fast pace shooter and I had absolutely no problem using the wii-mote. It was even better for that fast pace.

Conduit resorted to lock on feature which is scrubbish. 

I never used the lock on feature. Didn't have to with pointer controls. I never really knew that it had lock on. By the way, if having lock on makes the Conduit scrubbish then all shooters with lock on is scrubbish. What ever scrubbish means.

KylieDog said:
Aquietguy said:
KylieDog said:
Aquietguy said:
KylieDog said:

Conduit resorted to lock on feature which is scrubbish. 

I never used the lock on feature. Didn't have to with pointer controls. I never really knew that it had lock on. By the way, if having lock on makes the Conduit scrubbish then all shooters with lock on is scrubbish. What ever scrubbish means.

Only Wii shooters have lock on, at least from the crapload I played in the last few years, the exception being Killzone 3 when using the PS Move.  It is not possible to turn exactly how you want and aim exactly where you want at the same time twhen the same input is used for doing both.  Pointer controls will forever fail because of this.

Nunchuck/Move navigator should be mandatory for motion control FPS! And I can perfectly remember that in FPS golden age, using auto-aim systems in deathmatches was considered CHEATING. And for losers in single player.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!