By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's your new Rank???

What Rank are you?

Newbie 3 4.92%

Rookie 22 36.07%

Padawan 11 18.03%

Sea Dog 13 21.31%

Captain 9 14.75%

Agent 2 3.28%

Elite 0 0%

Hero 0 0%

Legend 1 1.64%

Titan 0 0%

Total:61

How often are the ranks going to change? 0.0

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

The levels need to be set up more newb-heavy. There should be at least six levels before you get to 20-25k. Makes it feel more rewarding early on.

Also, I agree wholeheartedly with the foulness of "sea dog" and its seeming inappropriateness amongst the others.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I'm a Padawan with no way to ever reach the rank of Jedi.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

Indeed... there's Padawan, but no Jedi. How could that happen?

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

thetonestarr said:
The levels need to be set up more newb-heavy. There should be at least six levels before you get to 20-25k. Makes it feel more rewarding early on.

Also, I agree wholeheartedly with the foulness of "sea dog" and its seeming inappropriateness amongst the others.

Master Machina likes it so that's all that matters

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

You can be Sea Dog... waaaaaaay better.

Don't care for the ranks myself but it's obviously ridiculous to call someone with 2500+ posts a "rookie".

I'm a seadog myself, whatever the hell that means...

Yea, I think the term rookie was made to include way too many people.

I have over 2000 posts, I've added and ranked all my games, done a couple game db things, talked a bunch with friends, etc., and I'm referred to as a "rookie?"

While I was only Level 3 before the new points system (I think), and went up to Level 4 with the new points, there is no reason why, after I have gotten more points during that time frame, I am now downgraded to Level 2.

------

Also, is there a way to look up people based on their points. I want to see if my estimate that less than 1% of the active users on this website are contained in the top 40% of ranks. It just doesn't seem like we should even care about our ranking if the top 4 are only reserved for the super ultimate users of the website.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
Yea, I think the term rookie was made to include way too many people.

I have over 2000 posts, I've added and ranked all my games, done a couple game db things, talked a bunch with friends, etc., and I'm referred to as a "rookie?"

While I was only Level 3 before the new points system (I think), and went up to Level 4 with the new points, there is no reason why, after I have gotten more points during that time frame, I am now downgraded to Level 2.

------

Also, is there a way to look up people based on their points. I want to see if my estimate that less than 1% of the active users on this website are contained in the top 40% of ranks. It just doesn't seem like we should even care about our ranking if the top 4 are only reserved for the super ultimate users of the website.

Not super ultimate, just people that contribuit a lot (it isn't hard if you want a high rank), you know that's the whole point? You're not suppose to get there easily.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/members.php?name=&gender=&keyword=&country=&type=&order=Points

Looking at your points history, I think level 2 is fitting for you. - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/56028/baalzamon/points/#content

Machina said:
*deep breath, calm thoughts, don't get snarky*

Some valid complaints here and I've taken them on board. That said, I've no sympathy for those complaining about having been here for ages and having too low a level; levels aren't based on age of account, they're based on various contributions to the site.

Anyway, we'll go about this slightly differently and start over. Since most of you seem to have missed the original discussion we'll do it this way:

1 - Introduce more levels and smaller gaps. Not massive changes, just more manageable steps.

2 - Create a thread for name suggestions and dicussion. We'll see what comes of that and work from there.

Hopefully ya'll will stop yelling at me now.

So how about those of us who have been here for ages and contributed a ton back in the day? I submitted a whole load of games, game descriptions, boxarts, screenshots, and other generic game information back in the day before we had proper ways to give credit to said submitters.

Again, the system is screwed up.

SW-5120-1900-6153