By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I think Star Ocean 4 is coming to the 360 (possibly even timed exclusive)

Most people seem to think it's pretty much a confirmed PS3 exclusive but that isn't the case.  I think a lot of that has to do with an article Next Generation did about the game in which they reported that Famitsu confirmed it as an PS3 exclusive (they never did).

Now here's why I think it's coming to 360:

1) Famitsu 360 has hinted that it is.  They may be just playing with 360 fans but it's still interesting either way.

2) Recent job postings seem to hint that Tri-Ace is looking for 360 programmers for two different games.  Since only one game has been confirmed from them (Infinite Undiscovery) there's a chance that the other is Star Ocean 4 (it's not like Ti-Ace would have many games in development).

3) The recent deal that Microsoft made with Square Enix concerning Infinite Undiscovery.  It's either Microsoft being extremely generous with Square Enix by funding Infinite Undiscovery and allowing Square Enix to become the publisher and reap profits from it or it could be that Microsoft offered up Infinite Undiscovery to Square Enix in exchange for them making a 360 version of Star Ocean 4 (to go along with a PS3 version).

Anyways I'm curious to see what others think. :)

Around the Network

It wont, square wont be stupid enough to do that.

mM

I'm not saying there's no PS3 version (I think there is), just that I think there's a 360 version in development as well.

leo-j said:
It wont, square wont be stupid enough to do that.

Stupid enough to port a game to get more money?  Yea that would be stupid.

You could definitely argue it being stupid to make it a 360 exclusive when Japan obviously prefers the PS3 but unless they lose money from Sony by porting it how can it be a stupid idea to make it multiplatform? 

No I think its a stupid Idea to make it exclusive..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
No I think its a stupid Idea to make it exclusive..

I can't remember the exact name square enix used, but I'm pretty sure their new business structure now is to "think globally" meaning that they want to make games for every console, especially exclusives.

Infinite Undiscovery is just a start, and I doubt their business plan would be so narrow minded to only have 1 exclusive for a console. I'm not necessarily saying that another would be Star Ocean 4, but it's not outside the realm of possibility either. 

Personally, I'd prefer to see it (and almost all S-E franchises) be multiplatform.

Erm, beat the crap out of me if you wish, when I'm wrong, but as long as I knew it... Infinite Undiscovery was "exclusive", right?

I don't bother if it ends up on the 360 as well, as long as the games are released or at the same time, like Last Remnant will, or on the PS3 first... period.

If it will be a 360 exclusive, THEN Squeenix has a serious problem with me

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

@Onna

Last remnant is coming out on the 360 first.. its a timed exclusive. Square confirmed it, about 6 months later the ps3 version will be released.

mM

I won't be shocked at all if the game is a multi-plat. SE wants to get good sales in Japan which means PS3 but they also know they need to try and expand their market share more in the US which means the 360...yes sure the PS3 isn't doing horrible in the US but the simple fact is that the 360 is doing fantastic in the US and it just makes sense.

As for timed exclusives, I think we are way too far off for that discussion yet, although I'm sure if there is to be a timed exclusive the deal is already in the works.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Then I must have mixed it up with world wide release I guess  What's wrong with these Japanese devs these days anyway. No offense, but 360 sells like crap in Japan and then they release highly anticipated RPG games... on the 360 first... I seriously don't understand Japan and most likely... never will.

Edit: yes maybe expanding their market to the US, but er... so far Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon have sold lousy in the US... Of course they are no SE releases, but I doubt if 360 owners are just as much waiting for SE releases as PS3 owners.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo