By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - my parents just got divorced

The same here...My parents are divorced from Octobre.

In fact it didn't really hurt me so much it is probably the best for both of them so why should I be sad =/.

Around the Network

Edit by MontanaHatchet: Completely inappropriate.

DO NOT say things like that again. 

i am really sorry to hear that. good marriages are hard work and I will pray for your family. Good luck

^Lol you're going to pray for his family? lol

Well that sucks if they got divorced on New Years Eve.. But what can you do? Keep you head up foo

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

Sorry, man. Happened to me 2 years ago. There's nothing you can really 'do' about it if they're really serious about not having anything to do with each other. You just have to kind of endure and do your best not to make things worse, dude. Props.

Around the Network

My best advice to you is to be sure to avoid any animosity with your parents and to still love and care about both of them. When my parents got divorced, I hated my mom and refused to talk to her for a year afterwards. Only when I was able to look past that was I able to really resume relationships with her.

Happened to me when I was about 7. 23 years ago and it still hurts!

My advice:

Don't be afraid to express exactly how you feel.

Find out the facts of what went wrong.

These things will haunt you otherwise. Separation and divorce is never a pleasant thing and its always different in every single case.

I was in a vulnerable position at that time and court appearances and a parent moving out are deeply traumatic even if I did block it out at the time!

http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/f4j/

That really sucks, don't know much about this as my parents are still married after almost 33 years. As someone said talking with your parents about how you feel about this, is absolutely the best way of expressing your sad feelings concerning the situation. Talking with friends, relatives who understand this well, might also be a good option as well, but don't hesistate to tell your parents what you feel and most of all, don't hate them. They will also explain to you the reason why they got divorced and although it may be hard, but this way you may understand it more.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo