By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - my parents just got divorced

man, don't worry this happens it going to hurt i guess these are the times when your friends need stand up be counted for.Stay strong for your family dude

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Aww... that's sad. Eat a lot. That's what I do when I'm sad, but I have a high metabolism, so it doesn't matter. If that doesn't work, play video games until your eyes bleed. :(

It does matter though be carefull buddy. Skinny people or those with high metabolism tend to be proned to heart disease. They eat more sweets and fatty foods thinking "It won't make me fat!" and end up with high cholesterol or high blood pressure. If you're gonna eat a lot stay very active or it could be bad later on even if you don't gain weight.

As far as divorce almost half of marriages end in it, not all people just can't get along forever sadly. I'm 22 and thankfully my parents are still together it would break my heart if they split up, and they almost did a few times. It's just what's in the cards there's really not much you can do about it sadly but if your parents are unhappy you should want for them to be happy. You guys can still be a family, just hope they're mature enough to not try to win you over from the other one that will create major therapy time for you.

No offense, but are you surprised in any way? Marriage has a bigger failure rate than the 360 did/does. Almost over 50% now. I wouldn't be surprised if the wife and I separate sometime down the road, and by that I mean she leaves me. :P

I would just hide it all away and act happy. But thats what i would do and its not healthy at all.

"Like you know"

sad to here
but maybe they will try out do eachother so on your b-day and x-mas you get a buttload of cool gifts
just trying to cheer you up. and ya it is not your fault.

Around the Network

almost everyone i know, their parents are seperated/divorced :(
am i the only one with happily married parents? (well....they look happy....sometimes :P)

Its not your fault.
You will see the ugly side of your parents but just realize everyone gets pissed and acts alittle crazy.
but as time goes by this wont even matter just let it go by and be happy because now your parents will be happy.

JUST BLAZE!@@!!@!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Sorry to hear about this, try to stay busy, that's what I do when I'm very sad about something. Also, like others have said, in no way should you blame yourself, sometimes people just aren't meant to stay together, it's a natural thing, and your parents aren't the first people that have gotten divorced. Maybe they're better off apart and you should understand that they might be happier than staying together. Good luck getting past this.

Make a wish for the new year (or upon a star) so that it helps cheer you up.

I've not experienced it, so I can't offer any advice or really feel your pain. But I am sorry to hear that. If it means anything to you I am praying for you. I will pray that peace will come to not only to you but your parents as well and even though they are apart that you will still have them both in your life.

Hope I don't sound like a butt. If I do forgive me, it's not my intention.