By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think the future of this thread should be

Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57

I really liked Gears 2, but it was basically more Gears 1. It didn't fix any of the issues the first game had, it looks marginally better, Epic are still trying and failing to actually put a decent story in (Maria was a bitch), I pretty much hate every character in the game besides Fenix and it had a couple of boring and crappy boss battles (Giant Shark Squid thing). It's a really fun game, but it's one of many fun games and at the end of the day I'm struggling to remember why I enjoyed it so much to begin with back in 2008. Co-op was dope though and I'll get Gears 3, but I won't shit my pants on launch day.

MGS4 was my first Metal Gear game, I was blown away by it in pretty much every single way and I still consider one of the greatest gaming playthroughs of my life. It's a perfectly crafted masterpiece, it made me a fan of the series (I bought every single Metal Gear game) and I now consider Kojima one of the greatest developers ever. If Metal Gear Solid 5 releases, no diaper in the world will be able to stop me.

Basically, Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the greatest games ever made, Cliffy B can go an cry in his blood filled mocha choco latte.

MGS4 wins this battle.

Your next comparison better not be between Oblivion and Yakuza 3 or I will murder God.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

MGS4/MGO is lots of fun imo from playing tricks like placing claymores, playboy magazines, using charm on enemy etc. whats even more fun is the different modes like base capture. you can attack the opposing enemy base with the GOP/SOP Destabilizer and turn them into zombies lol. lots of people still play around evenings and weekends too. the most 2 popular servers are full at those times, and my fav feature is playing as the unique characters like Raiden or Vamp etc..

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
twesterm said:
brendude13 said:
twesterm said:
dsage01 said:
twesterm said:
I didn't finish Gears 2, I got to where you're flying on the Squid things but it was a fun game. I tried several times to get into MGS4 and I just hate the game. It wasn't fun at all for me and every time I barely made it past the point where you meat the arms dealer for the first time.

Gears 2.

Dude try spend a couple more hours in the game. After you beat Act 1 you will be so into it. By Act 3 you will love it! By Act 4 you won't be able to stop playing it but by the end of Act 5 you will say it's the best game ever. Then you will start to play MGO. That's a totaly different story. You won't be able to get over the online.

No?

I've given the game several tries and I really don't have the patience for games that bore me to tears the first hour or two.

I don't get it...

The arms dealer is right at the start of the game, you haven't even set yourself into the story or anything.

Did you play MGS1,2,3?

I got a little past that, that's just the last thing I remember.  I'm not trying to insinuate it's a bad game, it's just not for me.  I gave it two honest tries and one half hearted one and just never got into it. 

The only other one I ever played was one of the ones on the PS2 but I really don't remember which one it was.  I didn't really like it much either.

...RAAAAAAAAAAGE! >=(

Nah I'm just kidding, as long as you tried hard to like it I don't mind, it just probably isn't your type of game.

I will change the game once again. Now it will be GT5 vs Forza 3 in a few hours. You guys only have a couple hours to vote.

dsage01 said:
I will change the game once again. Now it will be GT5 vs Forza 3 in a few hours. You guys only have a couple hours to vote.

Congrats on the thread, it's very fun, nobody seems to have derailed it so far either. VGChartz has a good community =)

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
dsage01 said:

Congrats on the thread, it's very fun, nobody seems to have derailed it so far either. VGChartz has a good community =)

Well thanks for your postive feedback :p Please tell me if you have any request. I will try my best to fufill it :)

dsage01 said:
brendude13 said:
dsage01 said:

Well thanks for your postive feedback :p Please tell me if you have any request. I will try my best to fufill it :)

Thanks, I can't really think of any at the moment, but keep up the good work.

I prefer GT5 by a lot because Forza 3 feels like a degraded version of GT5 prologue. And GT5 feels like an amazing new racing sim. And his been updated like crazy since the day of launch. It is in my top 5 games of all time and it will be hard to compare the game with anything.

GT5. its not like any other arcade style racing games. Its more hardcore because it is a sim.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

GT5. Forza 3 is good and arguably more of a game, but I'm more interested in a simulator than a game when it comes to titles like these and ultimately GT5 does a better job in that area IMHO, particularly in terms of the tracks. In Forza then don't seem to feel quite the right size in relation to the car, whereas GT seems to nail that better - although with every release Forza gets closer, so I'll be curious to see what Forza 4 achieves.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...