By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think the future of this thread should be

Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57
Michael-5 said:
Halo 3

To put it simply, Halo 3 has a more interesting story (to me), more polished gameplay, and an addictive online multiplayer which extends the games life by years. MGS4 IMO is an over-rated, short single player game. It relies heavily on CG to tell a complicated, and often silly, plot, and it doesn't have much replay value. MGS4 is probably one of the best MGS's, but the franchise in general is over rated.

Hahahaha...WOW.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Michael-5 said:
Halo 3

To put it simply, Halo 3 has a more interesting story (to me), more polished gameplay, and an addictive online multiplayer which extends the games life by years. MGS4 IMO is an over-rated, short single player game. It relies heavily on CG to tell a complicated, and often silly, plot, and it doesn't have much replay value. MGS4 is probably one of the best MGS's, but the franchise in general is over rated.

Hahahaha...WOW.

^Ikr! but lol it's his choice. And as long as he played the game even if he didn't finish it it's fine

Metal Gear Solid 4 easily won this round 52-22. The next one is coming up. God of War 3 vs Uncharted 2!

Holy crap I really can't vote in this one. They are both way too amazing arh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'll take some time for me to decide

Uncharted

Around the Network

Both games are amazing. But I think Uncharted 2 has more replay value, and is overall a slightly more polished product.

God of War definitely. Uncharted 2 is great but it's over-rated IMO. It's not quite as epic as God of War. Both games are some of the best games on the PS3. Uncharted has its moments but it's nothing compared to GOW3. I mean, Jumping from truck to truck is great and all, but it can't compare to the epicness of the immersive and visceral combat of God of War 3.

Uncharted 2 is great for its set pieces and high amount of polish. It has some moments where I'm left breathless, but it also has some moments where I'm thinking, "I can't wait for the next chapter". Although the action did slow down every now and again, it was still  well put-together game, and overall an exceptional game. But it's no God of War.

God of War 3 on the other hand, was nonstop action, defeating enemy after enemy. Continous fighting from beginning to end. It probably had one of the greatest starts in video game history. The pace it established at the beginning never slowed. The scale of the game is incredible. It probably has the most satisfying combat on the market right now. Every movement, from defeating a weak skelotor, to taking down the god Hercules, left me at the edge of my seat, awing at the game. There's nothing quite like it. It's the definition of a video game. 

God of War > Uncharted (anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong)

I never saw the appeal of God of War, I don't like hack and slash games.

This one goes to Uncharted 2 for me. I loved everything about the gameplay, it had the perfect blend of puzzles, shooting and platforming, but the gameplay is only the start. The story and the characters are so down to earth, sure there might be some far-fetched mythology but it's all handled very tastefully. Drake and Sully are the best duo in any game for me, they are both just so funny and can crack jokes even in the worst of situations. The graphics are unbelievable, possibly the best this generation. The scale of the game and the action scenes are unbelievably epic.

Uncharted 2 for sure.

Uncharted and GoW? which one are we counting as a 360 game because of a tenious link? I guess it could be GoW becuase it shares the same abbreviation as Gears...ma right?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Jay520 said:

God of War definitely. Uncharted 2 is great but it's over-rated IMO. It's not quite as epic as God of War. Both games are some of the best games on the PS3. Uncharted has its moments but it's nothing compared to GOW3. I mean, Jumping from truck to truck is great and all, but it can't compare to the epicness of the immersive and visceral combat of God of War 3.

Uncharted 2 is great for its set pieces and high amount of polish. It has some moments where I'm left breathless, but it also has some moments where I'm thinking, "I can't wait for the next chapter". Although the action did slow down every now and again, it was still  well put-together game, and overall an exceptional game. But it's no God of War.

God of War 3 on the other hand, was nonstop action, defeating enemy after enemy. Continous fighting from beginning to end. It probably had one of the greatest starts in video game history. The pace it established at the beginning never slowed. The scale of the game is incredible. It probably has the most satisfying combat on the market right now. Every movement, from defeating a weak skelotor, to taking down the god Hercules, left me at the edge of my seat, awing at the game. There's nothing quite like it. It's the definition of a video game. 

God of War > Uncharted (anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong)

Well that's a really good reveiw but that's only your opinon. That's not what everyone thinks right? Anyways here's my review. They are both two epic games and easily both one of the best games for the PS3.

Story:

Both had a really good story but God of War's 3 ending was just in one word "epic" It started off with a bang and the ending was easily one of the best in Video game history. So God of War 3 wins this one.

Visuals:

Both were extemly great. The best visuals this gen by far. So this one's a tie.

Gameplay:

God of War 3's gameplay moved me too the edge of the seat . The blood in God of War was just a Wow factor and it started off with a huge bang and it was a thrilling action packed adventure till the end of the game. But Uncharted 2 on the other hand was no less infact better. The melee and jumping from truck to truck and blowing stuff up and all the weapons were really thrilling and one of the best eperiences I've had this gen by far. So this one goes to Uncharted 2

Extra Content:

There's not much to do once you beat God of War 3. It's easily one of the best games this gen but it doesn't have as much replay value as Uncharted 2. The online mode was just fantastic. So this one goes to Uncharted 2 again.

Therefore Uncharted 2 wins just barley. Gosh that was one hard choice!