By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think the future of this thread should be

Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57

Just because Y game sells better than X doesn't mean those who bought Y automatically like it more than the X.

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:
Before I thought everyone was lying that there is more PS3 fans on this site. But now I know it's true. Seriously Halo 3 sold more than 5 times Killzone 2 and beats it by only 2 votes! It's almost like Sony = automatic win on this site.

Reach won against R2

Gears won against R1

Mass Effect won against U:DF

Halo 3 won against Warhawk

Halo 3 won against Killzone 2

5 losses so far for PS3 games out of 16 battles, which means PS3 games have won about 69% of the battles so...not an automatic win by any stretch :P. 

So Microsoft's best selling, best rated IP's beat a PSN game, a generic shooter, and inched pasts PS3's prized shooter by 2 votes like dsages said? I also recall the only landslide victory was Halo vs. Warhawk, Halo couldn't landslide victory anything but a pity match up, and yes dsage matched them up to give 360 a chance.

dsage01, now you see the hypocrasy of this website.

Also, are you sure Mass Effect beat Uncharted 1? I voted in that one and I recall UC1 beating Mass Effect.

Well when I checked ME1 beat UC1 by just 2 votes. I changd it early in the morning maybe you didn't see. But they were very close. And I voted for ME1 from my second computer once too so it got the advantage. But I swear the results between those 2 kept changing every hour. 

So to sum it up, when a AAA 360 exclusive beat a AAA PS3 exclusive, it was by a factor of 2 votes. After that AAA 360 exclusives could only beat Resistance (generic shooter, with a small fanbase), and a PSN remake?

Think it says it all.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

dsage01 said:
kickazz113 said:
dsage01 said:
Before I thought everyone was lying that there is more PS3 fans on this site. But now I know it's true. Seriously Halo 3 sold more than 5 times Killzone 2 and beats it by only 2 votes! It's almost like Sony = automatic win on this site.

will you be surpise like this if uncharted 3 beat gear 3

No because I know how much people love Uncharted. Gears only sells better than Uncharted because of the massive hype Microsoft gets it and the good reviews. If Uncharted had the hype Gears or Halo did the sales would be totaly different

I'm dying to give my opinion on this.

Both games are about the same level of quality, the reason why Gears sells better is because it's been around since 2006, was great from the start, marketing, and shooters just sell well on 360 (userbase likes them).

The only difference in quality between these two games is that:

Uncharted is an amazing single player game, which is only begining to explor multiplayer.

Gears is an amazing multipler game, which has a decent campaign for a shooter.

Opinions and sales aside, both franchises are amazing, they just appeal to different gamers. One game should not be clear cut better then the other, and in reality votes for these games should be on par.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
dsage01 said:
kickazz113 said:
dsage01 said:

will you be surpise like this if uncharted 3 beat gear 3

No because I know how much people love Uncharted. Gears only sells better than Uncharted because of the massive hype Microsoft gets it and the good reviews. If Uncharted had the hype Gears or Halo did the sales would be totaly different

I'm dying to give my opinion on this.

Both games are about the same level of quality, the reason why Gears sells better is because it's been around since 2006, was great from the start, marketing, and shooters just sell well on 360 (userbase likes them).

The only difference in quality between these two games is that:

Uncharted is an amazing single player game, which is only begining to explor multiplayer.

Gears is an amazing multipler game, which has a decent campaign for a shooter.

Opinions and sales aside, both franchises are amazing, they just appeal to different gamers. One game should not be clear cut better then the other, and in reality votes for these games should be on par.

i think dsage01 is right, i saw more uncharted fans around even tho gear sold more since just because of microsoft marketing

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:

Reach won against R2

Gears won against R1

5 losses so far for PS3 games out of 16 battles, which means PS3 games have won about 69% of the battles so...not an automatic win by any stretch :P. 

So Microsoft's best selling, best rated IP's beat a PSN game, a generic shooter, and inched pasts PS3's prized shooter by 2 votes like dsages said? I also recall the only landslide victory was Halo vs. Warhawk, Halo couldn't landslide victory anything but a pity match up, and yes dsage matched them up to give 360 a chance.

Also, are you sure Mass Effect beat Uncharted 1? I voted in that one and I recall UC1 beating Mass Effect.

Well when I checked ME1 beat UC1 by just 2 votes. I changd it early in the morning maybe you didn't see. But they were very close. And I voted for ME1 from my second computer once too so it got the advantage. But I swear the results between those 2 kept changing every hour. 

So to sum it up, when a AAA 360 exclusive beat a AAA PS3 exclusive, it was by a factor of 2 votes. After that AAA 360 exclusives could only beat Resistance (generic shooter, with a small fanbase), and a PSN remake?

Think it says it all.

Which game is this PSN remake? And Warhawk was not a PSN game originally, it released later on PSN. Warhawk is awesome btw...The resistance games have pretty high metascores (almost AAA) and have both sold over 2 million units (R1 close to 4). Also, you forgot to mention Killzone 2 (or Uncharted, don't know which one you were talking about as they are both AAA).

There are clearly more PS3 fans on here but you're downplaying the victories.

I did downplay Warhawk, I didn't mean to, but it's nowhere near the level of quality as Halo, and it is a remake.

Killzone 2 and Uncharted are both AAA.

As for Resistance, Resistance 1 is probably the most bundled PS3 game, and considering it was the best game for the entire first year, it makes sense for sales to be high. Still 2 million natural sales each, that are both good games, and AAA. They just have a smaller fanbase then well basically any other AAA exclusive, and are largly critisized for being generic. It's not one of PS3's more respected franchises, and it's the only real game the best 360 exclusives managed to beat by a significant margin.

Also, a lot of PS3 games did deserve their victories, but many more titles should have come a lot closer in votes, and Reach should have beaten Killzone 3.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:

Reach won against R2

Gears won against R1

Halo 3 crushed Warhawk, a disk based game, why ar you down playing it as just a psn title.

what game would that be thats generic?

Xbox prized shooter beat out Sony's prized shooter.

i dont see how this constest is at all indicative of this site being ps3 biased. so far most outcomes have been pretty expected and not out of the ordinary

osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:

Reach won against R2

Gears won against R1

Halo 3 crushed Warhawk, a disk based game, why ar you down playing it as just a psn title.

i dont see how this constest is at all indicative of this site being ps3 biased. so far most outcomes have been pretty expected and not out of the ordinary

Warhawk isn't comparable to Halo 3. Warhawk is comparable to maybe CE Anniversary or Left 4 Dead. If Halo 3 lost to Warhawk....that would show something.

Also no, 360's prized shooters did not beat Sony's. Killzone 3 beat Halo Reach and Left 4 Dead 2 by large margins, Uncharted 2 beat everything. Microsoft was only able to make a clear victory against Resistance.

I'm not sure about you, but judging the the dismal amount of pre-orders for Resistance, the small amount of hype about the games on the forum, and the ommition of the game as a nominee as the best franchise for Sony elimination game. I don't think Resistance is one of PS3 fans most prized shooters.

It's good, very good, but I bet you most PS3 fans appreciate Killzone and Uncharted more. I feel Resistance is to PS3 fans what Left 4 Dead is to 360 fans. It's third best.

Microsoft never had a real chance against PS3 fans prized gems (Uncharted, GT, Killzone, God of War, and Heavy Rain).

Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:

Reach won against R2

Gears won against R1

Warhawk isn't comparable to Halo 3. Warhawk is comparable to maybe CE Anniversary or Left 4 Dead. If Halo 3 lost to Warhawk....that would show something.

Also no, 360's prized shooters did not beat Sony's. Killzone 3 beat Halo Reach and Left 4 Dead 2 by large margins, Uncharted 2 beat everything. Microsoft was only able to make a clear victory against Resistance.

I'm not sure about you, but judging the the dismal amount of pre-orders for Resistance, the small amount of hype about the games on the forum, and the ommition of the game as a nominee as the best franchise for Sony elimination game. I don't think Resistance is one of PS3 fans most prized shooters.

It's good, very good, but I bet you most PS3 fans appreciate Killzone and Uncharted more. I feel Resistance is to PS3 fans what Left 4 Dead is to 360 fans. It's third best.

Microsoft never had a real chance against PS3 fans prized gems (Uncharted, GT, Killzone, God of War, and Heavy Rain).

how did killzone 3 beat halo reach????? halo got more fans

Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:

Reach won against R2

Gears won against R1

fair enough.

but i never said Warhawk was comparable to halo (i didnt vote that round because i havent played warhawk, and i i dont like halo). but halo deserved to win, which it did. i was just saying you were downplaying warhawk, which was a full retail game, later released on psn, like inFamous. and its hardly a remake, i barely resembles the psone game. its kind of like the new Twisted metal game coming out, more of a reboot.

also i was talking about halo beating Killzone 2. 

Killzone 3 seems to be extremely popular for ps3 fans, my self included, its my favorite shooter of this gen.

and your right the resistance franchise is the tep child, though an awesome one, gets great reviews, and people like my self may be waitng for the 3dtv bundle to preorder.

my point was that the results of each round, have been pretty non biased, and predictable.

kickazz113 said:
Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:

Reach won against R2

Gears won against R1

how did killzone 3 beat halo reach????? halo got more fans

More PS3 fans on this site, these threads support my claim.