By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think the future of this thread should be

Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57

pretty easy decision for me. I did not like Gran Turismo 5, though I only rented the game and didn't play it post patches... Halo Reach for me.

Around the Network

26-25 GT5 Holy shit this is close! I think this will be closer than Mass Effect vs Uncharted

Reach, because simulators bore me.

Reach because it's the better game imo

slowmo said:

lol nice explaining your opinion.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
slowmo said:

He's not the only one.

CGI-Quality said:
adriane23 said:
CGI-Quality said:
adriane23 said:

Even then God of War inspired more games and playstyles. Look at all the games that have QTEs now. Even Kingdom Hearts 2 implemented QTEs.

The games I've played that play like GOW: Dante's Inferno, Green  Lantern, Darksiders, Conan, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Heavenly Sword, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Lord of the Rings: Two Towers, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Brutal Legends (with some RTS and free-roaming thrown in).

I'm pretty sure QTEs were around before God of War. I can agree to disagree though, because I just don't think too many games are like God of War (and I've played just about all the titles you mentioned).

Yeah, I think the first one was Dragon's Lair waaaay back in the day, but God of War in my opinion caused the explosion of QTE implentation seen in the last 6 years.

I will also agree to disagree. But next time it's your ass......

Not sure what that means, but ok, sure. Also, you've got QTE confused with point and click (Dragon's Lair). That said, I don't think God of War, introduced QTEs to gaming. It made them a tad more popular, but every game that uses QTEs wasn't necessarily inspired by God of War. Gears of War made it's type of cover system popular, so much so that a lot of games this generation implemented one like it. I would concede that maybe the same amount of games were inspired by either franchise, but I think Gears of War's impact is more potent and noticeable.

Lastly, while there are games that were inspired by God of War, QTEs would be one of the last things I think those games copied. In fact, the way some games are played, just their sheer button mechanics, are more God of War-esque than QTEs are.

The underlined was a joke.......

In Dragon's Lair, you have a certain amount of time to make the correct choice (e.g. choosing left to make it through the tunnel). That's basically a QTE. I didn't say GOW introduced QTEs to gaming I said, "God of War in my opinion caused the explosion of QTE implentation seen in the last 6 years." Before 2005, games with QTEs in them were fairly rare, but after GOW released, there have been several in the span of six years. I'd say that's a big influence. 

To the bolded. That's what I was referring to when I said GOW inspired playstyles in other games. I was just giving QTEs as a small example.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

gran turismo, as i havent played reach, and i love GT, best sim ever

GT5 as I got bored with Halo at the 2nd one, and the latest demo hasn't enticed me to give it another go.
I played GT5p for months and GT5 daily until the psn outage broke my addiction.

dsage01 said:
slowmo said:

There is no point explaining why I think GT5 is inferior, the professional critics have more than done that job for me.  Lets just say I think any criticism raised against GT5 would incite more hassle than it's worth.  I've been quite open with my explanations about all the other votes I've done but I cannot be bothered arguing with some of this sites GT fans who are, for want of a better word, devout.  As Jay pointed out though, there are others who have posted nothing but a "because it's better" and lets not forget all those fans who couldn't be bothered to write at all but just anonymously voted and left the thread.