By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official "Dark Knight Rises" Hype Thread. :)

ThePS3News said:

Hey Everyone. Wanted to talk about a big movie coming out next summer. Its a moive that i have been waiting for since summer of 2008 and it is arguably the most anticipated film for next year. Yea that's right. I am talking about The Dark Knight Rises!!!

My 'Dark Knight' rises a little every time I see your signature.

Around the Network

My most hyped movie ever, can't wait, my expectations are over the sky.
Shame there will be no more Rachel, but I'm counting every second.

And is that art real? O_o
More HYPE!

trunkswd said:
As far as I know, there will be no Joker in the Dark Knight Rises. I don't think it would be appropriate for anyone to replace Heath Ledger.

^^ I 100% agree with this, I don't think there's a need for Joker if Catwoman and Bane are there also.

Can't wait!!!

TDK was my least favourite Nolan movie though along with Batman BEgins...but it was still one of the best movies of its year (even nolans least fav movies are contenders for best movies ever lol)

It is my 2nd most hyped movie of 2012, number 1 being Episode 1 : Phantom Menace in 3D (will go to midnight show in cosplay)!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I hope the joker isn't in it, although I'm sure depp would do well, nobody coudl ever nail Heath's Joker.

Around the Network

I don't think Harley Quinn will make an appearance on this movie, mainly because it wouldn't make any sense without joker to mold her persona. There's a bigger chance that of The Riddler appearing, but i'm glad they're focusing on Bane (I still have my doubts with Anne Hathaway being Catwoman).

Also, I think it's too soon for a new Joker to appear. Not that there aren't any actors that can pull it off, but because there's something of special in that part. Nobody thought that Jack Nicholson's Joker performance could be matched, but Heath Ledger did it. Plus, I also believe that Ledger's death still lingers a lot on the cast's minds so, out of respect, they wouldn't include the Joker character again.

I'm eager to see how DKR plays out. TDK was my favourite Batman movie, after Batman Returns and Batman, so it has some pretty big shoes to fill.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
I don't think Harley Quinn will make an appearance on this movie, mainly because it wouldn't make any sense without joker to mold her persona. There's a bigger chance that of The Riddler appearing, but i'm glad they're focusing on Bane (I still have my doubts with Anne Hathaway being Catwoman).

Also, I think it's too soon for a new Joker to appear. Not that there aren't any actors that can pull it off, but because there's something of special in that part. Nobody thought that Jack Nicholson's Joker performance could be matched, but Heath Ledger did it. Plus, I also believe that Ledger's death still lingers a lot on the cast's minds so, out of respect, they wouldn't include the Joker character again.

I'm eager to see how DKR plays out. TDK was my favourite Batman movie, after Batman Returns and Batman, so it has some pretty big shoes to fill.

Good to see someone else giving the older batman movies credit too.

I loved them when I was young, I should rewatch them again now!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kowenicki said:
Tom Hardy will make this movie... (superb actor), just like Heath Ledger made the last one.

Bale can't carry it on his own.... good actor, but not a brilliant actor IMO.

Can't agree more.Hardy was amazing in Inception,his character was by far my favourite.

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:

Good to see someone else giving the older batman movies credit too.

I loved them when I was young, I should rewatch them again now!

I got all of them in Blu-Ray. The Batman movies are amongst my favourite movies (yeah, I even got Batman&Robin >_<). 

But the first two are untouchable. Whatever Tim Burton does turns to gold XD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

the only not so good thing IMO is the villian...Batman got so much more crazy villians and Nolan could display them brilliantly....Bane?really?what about Riddler,the Penguin or the mad Hatter would be such great choices for the villians and what we get astupid Bane "rolleyes"