By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Moders push Crysis 2 to the next level

Tagged games:

With the release of the Sandbox 3 Editor, we kind of expected to see amazing things from Crytek’s community. And they didn’t let us down. Behold the first screenshots of Crysis 2 modded that showcase some breathtaking visuals and open up the gap between current-generation consoles and PCs. If you thought that a high-end PC couldn’t provide far superior graphics than those of X360 or PS3… think again. We should note that the ghosting at the top-left of the screens is due to a bug with Crysis 2′s ‘e_Screenshot’ function. Enjoy the following screenshots!

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/next-generation-graphics-made-possible-with-custom-tods-for-crysis-2-gap-between-current-generation-consoles-and-pcs-opens-up/

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Anyone want to see some ultra DOF effects?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Oh my gosh :O Those are some incredible visuals. My poor Radeon HD 5750 card is crying now. Thanks Zarx :P

Some more screens

http://www.gamesblog.it/galleria/crysis-2-50/

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I would have been more impressed if they released a mod that enhanced enemy AI. To be honest, that's the only thing that would ever make me replay Crysis 2 again.

Also, those DOF effects are way too exaggerated. It's like Alcatraz is always squinting at everything he looks.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

This is a good example of why I could care less about new consoles any time soon. This is not much better than PS3/360. So unless the tech can make a huge difference in living worlds, and AI I would rather wait.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
This is a good example of why I could care less about new consoles any time soon. This is not much better than PS3/360. So unless the tech can make a huge difference in living worlds, and AI I would rather wait.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Chroniczaaa said:
KBG29 said:

You sir, have made my day.