By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - France top 10 games in 2011 (with numbers)

Top 10 janvier-mai 2011 en volumes (distribution physique uniquement)

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/charts-francais-le-top-10-de-2011-A0000094105.html 

Titre Support Ventes
  1. Pokémon Version Blanche  DS  251.000
  2. Pokémon Version Noire  DS  230.000
  3. Just Dance 2  Wii  200.000
  4. Call of Duty : Black Ops  PS3  168.000
  5. Wii Party  Wii  156.000
  6. Donkey Kong Country Returns  Wii  106.000
  7. L.A. Noire  PS3  98.000
  8. FIFA 11  PS3  85.000
  9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii  Wii  80.000
  10. Wii Fit Plus  Wii  79.000

Around the Network

France seems to be one of the few territories that has yet to give up on Nintendo, :D. This kind of Nintendomination is practically unheard of elsewhere nowdays.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

that few?

RolStoppable said:
Immortal said:
France seems to be one of the few territories that has yet to give up on Nintendo, :D. This kind of Nintendomination is practically unheard of elsewhere nowdays.

France has traditionally been the most favorable European country in all things Nintendo. Not only that, but Japanese stuff (like anime) in general. This even went as far as Dragonball SNES games being released in France, but not anywhere else in Europe, simply because the rest of Europe had no idea what Dragonball actually was.

In other words, I am not surprised by this chart at all.

That's interesting, but I don't see how it's related to what I was refering to. Not as if Nintendo's line-up is more Japanese. While technically all the DS/Wii stuff on there except for JD2 is Japanese, Mario, Pokemon and Miis are very much a part of international popular culture unlike Dragon Ball and most other anime/Japanese things, which are mostly for geeky niche audiences. Even if France is more accepting of Japanese entertainment, I don't think many of Nintendo's titles carry the restrictions (or benefits in this case) associated with being Japanese.

And, to be honest, the thing I was noting was that this pretty much makes France look like Nintendo's best territory anywhere right now, which I'd guess isn't too frequent.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Je pense que les Français aiment les jeux Nintendo.

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.

Around the Network

Good to see Black and White topping the chart individually

WOOOW B/W O_o

I'm suprised by Cod 168k on PS3 and X360 version didn't even chart so

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB