By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does PSN Need More Avatars?

On the usual selection of avatars there are many that are not related to games. If you want specific gaming avatars download them from the PS Store.

Around the Network

well i kinda wish my ps3 had avatars like my 360 characters who are actually shown throughout the interface. This kinda livens up the dashboard lol.

I want the Tidus avatar! Yeah Japan has a great PS Store because they get access to all JRPG themes, trailers, avatars.......... That sucks because they are my fave type of game!

d21lewis said:
On 360, pretty much any big movie gives you free avatars and themes. I'm rockin a Green Lantern theme right now.....which reminds me, I need to change my theme. It's like movie studios are giving away pics (which is really all Avatars and Themes are) to advertise their movies and products. That's cool. I didn't mind being the Joker a couple years ago. Thing is, why don't they do the same thing with the PS3? Don't they want to advertise to the Sony crowd? I mean, Sony has its own fucking movie studios!! Why aren't there Spider-Man or Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs themes?

you do get themes from sony studio films,blu rays anyway,i got a resi evil,legion and salt although its relativey new or i just noticed this year, i don't think there are enough avatars at all not even paid for ones,i like to have beautiful elvish or fantasy world female avs and there are hardly any, i bought an under siege archer av which doesn't satisfy my need but i will keep looking

Above & Beyond