By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco: Tales of Vesperia exclusivity contract was “false information”

Soriku said:
Euphoria14 said:

I see the world map on the bottom screen and graphics almost 100% indentical to the PS2.

What else is new?

You're totally missing the point.

No I am not, it is an enhanced port. You claim it is a remake, which it is not.

Vesperia could easily be released as a 2 year old title seeing as how they have no trouble porting a 5 year old title and only adding 16:9 widescreen and touch controls for your AI companions.

That is the reason why I said the excuse you provided doesn't work too well if that really is their reasoning.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Euphoria14 said:

Vesperia could easily be released as a 2 year old title seeing as how they have no trouble porting a 5 year old title and only adding 16:9 widescreen and touch controls for your AI companions.

The point is that Vesperia has already been released worldwide, so nobody gives a damn. However, Abyss hasn't.

Obviously people do give a damn.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Look how long it took SONY to localize WKC.. theres never a too late( well there is but Vesperia hasnt reached yet)

RolStoppable said:
Euphoria14 said:

The point is that Vesperia has already been released worldwide, so nobody gives a damn. However, Abyss hasn't.

Europe doesn't count.

;)

Soriku said:
Euphoria14 said:

That is the reason why I said the excuse you provided doesn't work too well if that really is their reasoning.

OK, look at it this way. Namco consider releasing the game here a good investment and that in part has to do with it being a new release (doesn't matter if it was released before on the PS2). Same goes for ToGF.

Also Namco themselves consider it a remake: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429874

My reasoning sure seems to mimick what they're actually doing...

One more thing, remember that Eternal Sonata on the PS3 had extra content and was released here but didn't sell well. That might be another reason why they're not bringing ToV PS3 over here because late ports don't seem to work as well as in Japan.

Xen said:

Europe doesn't count.

;)

Says the European :P

and? They also said Tales wasnt a RPG but CPG :)

developers do this al the time becuase re-releasing with a few new bells  your game and calling it remake is better than calling it a port

This was also done with star ocean a VP PSP ports SO1 is the only remake while SO2 and VP just got some new art and CGI and better translation.. thats not a remake jusrt a enhanced port like ToA 3DS

dont always rely on what developers say just because there developers..you know the ddifference between a ehanced port and remake.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Xen said:

Europe doesn't count.

;)

Says the European :P

He's not European.

brendude13 said:

False information my ass, we all know what happens behind closed doors with Microsoft.

She exposed Namco as sell outs and Microsoft as a greedy corporation, if only everybody had a tongue as loose as hers, I know what is going on behind closed doors and I don't agree with it.

Sorry...I must have missed the 'holier than thou' giant expression of philanthropy to the gaming community from sweet angelic Sony, paying Rockstar for the development of Agent and then agreeing to make it multi-platform. 

really??? MS paid for this and everyone knows this, i dont know what the big deal is. MS dont want people to know they're greedy. the cat's not only out the bag, the cats had a damn litter

Xen said:
Then FUCKING RELEASE IT ALREADY.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

@Soriku, Rol: Israel is no man's land!

Azerbaijan and Armenia are in the Eurovision... I suppose that they're Euros too eh? :P