By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the hardest fighting game out there?

NiKKoM said:

Virtua Fighter is the most technical fighter.. hard to learn to be really good at it..
And any SNK fighter before 1996 are the hardest in diffculty.. especially the bosses..

Virtua Fighter 1 was okay and hard to pull off the good moves.  However, button smashers could still beat decent players.  If a button smasher can beat average/pro person in a fighter then that fighter isn't the most difficult.

I believe Smash Bros. is the most difficult to beat a pro at (limited items or no items).  You can't just sit there and smash the controller buttons and win.  A button smasher will never beat a pro in Smash.

Around the Network

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it was originally developed with the intention of attracting the 'purple ocean' consumer (aliens), but when the localisation fell through Nintendo decided to release the game on Earth without making any enhancements for human limbs.

If your asking for a game that was designed with the intent to be hard, then Virtua Fighter 5, I can barely throw a punch without calculating 43 algorithms.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Virtua Fighter -> very technical game

Tekken -> very steep learning curve, can start off easily with an easier character like Eddy Gordo but can be very technical as well

LARS FOR THE MUTHA EFFING WIN!

from 2d fighters I guess it might be SF..but not a big fan of 2d fighters

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

It's Mortal Kombat for me because it has become way to hard to master. Yea you can find some moves from a character than can win you a few rounds, but its layout has become much harder for the first two games.

WiseOwl said:
It's Mortal Kombat for me because it has become way to hard to master. Yea you can find some moves from a character than can win you a few rounds, but its layout has become much harder for the first two games.

I was wondering when someone would say Mortal Kombat =p

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Around the Network

Dragon ball z infinite world :O jk
Seriously its Street Fighter I just can't get into it...but then again I haven't played many fighters..

WiseOwl said:

Mortal Kombat isn't too hard, but it is very annoying. It's full of insta-hits, insta-teleport moves that you must pretty much reflex to block. To make matters worse, block is a button that must be held, instead of the simple formula of Street Fighter (hold directional button on opposite direction to block).

The new Mortal Kombat made things even crazier with super buffed offense, the X-rays are super insta hits that deal absurd amounts of damage.

I find it interesting that Virtua Fighter has one of the least complex controller schemes out there, but is argued to also be the hardest fighting game out there.

competitively? ill say virtua fighter or tekken, as they both have lots of options for all characters.

street fighter IV( some of the combos let alone special and ultra combos are near impossible to on the fly with a regular controller)